Road Tires for EXPLORE E+ 1 GTS?

My longest ride so far is 80km and I think that’s about the limit
Your new tires look great! I'd like to try these myself. These are 700x40 but the stock is 700x45. Do you see any difference in overall look (due to the narrow tire) and faster cut off in PAS (is the circumference the same or smaller)?

These are the best I've found - Marathon e-bike. The 28x2 does fit the 700c rim, and is a great size compromise for the Explore.
We've never had a flat with these.
Weight is rather irrelevant on a ebike.

MarathonEPlus_Profil.png

I think I did about 2500km on Marathon Plus without a flat on my old NCM and I've done another 2500km on Marathon Racers on my Giant Fastroad and no flats there either. Before that I had Smart Sams and had three flats in about 1000km. Marathon Plus are heavy but at the end of the day they were on a 24kg e-bike. The Marathon Racers are a bit lighter - hence why I put them on a lighter e-bike (18kg Fastroad).

These are the best I've found - Marathon e-bike. The 28x2 does fit the 700c rim, and is a great size compromise for the Explore.
We've never had a flat with these.
Weight is rather irrelevant on a ebike.

Nice tires. I am interested. Do you have a recommendation on a vendor to purchase these from, together with larger tubes, for someone in Canada?

AFAIK you can order right from Schwalbe USA.
Sometimes there's an amazon seller as well.

The last set of tires I got came from amazon UK. Arrived in about a week.

EDIT: Looks like Bike Tires Direct carries them as well - I've bought a lot of tires from them, service is excellent.

Just looking for some nice secure on-road tires for my Explore. The stock tires are Giant Crosscut Gravel 2, 700x45c (622x45), Tubeless Ready. They don't have a really deep tread, but there is no tread in the centre of the tire that's meant for road use.

I'm considering a few models as possible replacements but this seems promising:
Schwalbe Marathon Plus

I also used this Schwalbe model on my touring bike and was really happy with it:
MARATHON SUPREME HS 469

Any experience with these tires or other good options for the Explore?

It's a bit of a mind shift for me moving to an e-bike but some other questions:
1). Does the weight of the tire matter? I am used to worrying about rolling mass -- but is it still relevant?

2). I also almost always bought folding tires with a kevlar bead. Do people use folding tires on e-bikes or is it all wire bead?

Thanks!
Rolling mass really is another roadie wives tale:
GCN rotating mass

I plan on riding the crosscuts until they need replacement. then move to a commuter specific tread. But i'll think i'll need ice spikes before then.

Back