RM Changes for 2022

R&M is the most expensive........by few Ks
It’s true the R+M is a higher price point… the bikes they make are the highest quality with no compromises. I’ve seen bikes that have been ridden for thousands and thousands miles with very few problems. Heck my load 60 almost has 10k in less than 2 years and it’s been solid. You do pay a bit more than some other brands... the quality of their bikes are more than worth it.

It’s true the R+M is a higher price point… the bikes they make are the highest quality with no compromises. I’ve seen bikes that have been ridden for thousands and thousands miles with very few problems. Heck my load 60 almost has 10k in less than 2 years and it’s been solid. You do pay a bit more than some other brands... the quality of their bikes are more than worth it.
Not to mention the warranty support they offer is pretty painless.

Some of R&M's top ebikes are not available in smaller sizes.

My guess is that around 35% of men and 50% of women and shorter that I, and that that probably rules them out of owning a Delite or Homage.

Please, Riese & Müller, cater for shorter riders!

Last edited by a moderator:
In my brief 3 weeks of ownership (300+ miles ridden) I'm convinced that R&M makes good value, excellent quality ebikes. With a top notch manufacturing facility, excellent engineering and design prowess they are at the top of a large field of competitors. Their dedication to electric bikes is their biggest advantage in this space. IMO

Last edited:
Speaking as someone who has been riding a 2017 model Charger GX for the last four years, I can say that there is nothing wrong with that bike that has been "fixed" by newer R&M models.

I do see four things that would encourage me to purchase another R&M bike:
  • Provide better customer support and service to US customers. While I haven't had problems I fear the day when I do have one...
  • Better racks, preferably Tubus racks.
  • Option for a fixed front fork, especially one like the Endpoint Search Light.
  • Option for drop bars or Jones Bars.

Mr. Coffee,
What prevents you from switching your current handlebar to a Jones bar?

Those handlebars allow different grip positions. Sometimes I'd like to get into a bit more of a tucked in position with my arms. After viewing the Jones video his handlebar design might be a nice efficient upgrade to the bike.

Interesting the power charging ports are on the top of the motor now rather than on the side of the motor on the SC2 & Multicharger videos I watched on that link you shared. Quite different from my 2020 SC2
The charger port location was one of the few issues Court had when reviewing the SC2. My 2019 Delite GX extreme rohloff HS (R&M's description, not mine) has the scabbed on dual battery look but the charge port was just under the top tube above the top battery. This is a much better location for the charge port IMHO. It does have that fiddly rubber charge port cover and I'm sure it will fall off or break at some point, but I'm nearing 4K miles now on the odometer with no issues what so ever. In fact, this is every bit the well made, great performing ebike that I had a right to expect at the almost silly price point of these R&M bikes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-12 103652.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-12-12 103652.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 163
Back