Rize RX advanced settings

ThompsonRH

Region
Canada
Is it possible to access Advanced Settings with the supplied display?
I'm interested in tweaking the controller settings to try 9 levels rather that 5 and also to smooth out the start with Assist. I understand the RX assist can be abrupt and I've read that other ebikes with similar Bafang motors allow access to Advanced Settings and various control adjustments.

Is it possible to access Advanced Settings with the supplied display?
I'm interested in tweaking the controller settings to try 9 levels rather that 5 and also to smooth out the start with Assist. I understand the RX assist can be abrupt and I've read that other ebikes with similar Bafang motors allow access to Advanced Settings and various control adjustments.
The Ultras don't allow the level of adjustment through the display like the older ones and the hubs do. You need to use the little app utility, but if yours is a new 2021, they are using a different protocol (Canbus), and won't accept the old interface. Different cables and software. Sounds like some user-programming options might be on the horizon, but nothing released/cracked yet. Watch this space as we'll definitely post up options if they become available...

For what you can access in the display menu, see your manual (or download one from the website). Rize had been including the display settings menu password in the manual for older units, but not likely with the new ones as they can only be significantly altered with the factory programming tool (BESST Software - requires a corporate account).

And changing to the 9 levels doesn't change much. The starting power deliveries are the same, it just distributes the upper levels across more choices so it will still be jumpy off the line. That's just a Bafang trademark...

Tks Marty. The manual is very basic but it does explain the settings through the display ( long press the “I” button) which include password & I think max speed but not assist levels.

The Ultras don't allow the level of adjustment through the display like the older ones and the hubs do. You need to use the little app utility, but if yours is a new 2021, they are using a different protocol (Canbus), and won't accept the old interface. Different cables and software. Sounds like some user-programming options might be on the horizon, but nothing released/cracked yet. Watch this space as we'll definitely post up options if they become available...

For what you can access in the display menu, see your manual (or download one from the website). Rize had been including the display settings menu password in the manual for older units, but not likely with the new ones as they can only be significantly altered with the factory programming tool (BESST Software - requires a corporate account).

And changing to the 9 levels doesn't change much. The starting power deliveries are the same, it just distributes the upper levels across more choices so it will still be jumpy off the line. That's just a Bafang trademark...
Got informed a lot. Thank you.

Back