Rize Leisure Step

kahuna40

Does anyone own this bike? I just ordered it so I am just looking for someone else who has it to see how they like it. It is pretty identical to the Rize X with a different seat, handlebars, and the step through frame. Other than that the specs are the exact same.

Yes states with 750 watt.
we went with the leisure cause the X was a little larger based on the rider Hight in the specs, we are short 5-6 & 5-4.
but after getting the leisure and playing with the seat heights we are up about 6" on the post I think i would have fit on the X.
Whish I could have found a rental place to try them out , but had to take a best guess, not disappointed these thing are fun.
Rad bikes had rental places we were going to take a trip to try them out but all the travel restrictions we could not.

Last edited:
Yes states with 750 watt.
we went with the leisure cause the X was a little larger based on the rider Hight in the specs, we are short 5-6 & 5-4.
but after getting the leisure and playing with the seat heights we are up about 6" on the post I think i would have fit on the X.
Whish I could have found a rental place to try them out , but had to take a best guess, not disappointed these thing are fun.
Rad bikes had rental places we were going to take a trip to try them out but all the travel restrictions we could not.
Awesome! I appreciate the info. I’m excited to get mine on Monday. Did you have any issues with setting them up? Not many people have this specific model of bike. I liked it because of the step through and basically and very similar to the X.

they assemble quickly, still working on finding a comfortable seat the 30-50 mile rides get my butt sore.

I'm tempted by this model, but I'm concerned about rigidity and/or possibility of rupture of the frame close to the crankset. I plan to use it to commute, about 45 km/day. What is your experience? Good rigidity without the top bar?

I'm tempted by this model, but I'm concerned about rigidity and/or possibility of rupture of the frame close to the crankset. I plan to use it to commute, about 45 km/day. What is your experience? Good rigidity without the top bar?
it has a gusset on the lower part and on the steering neck.
dont think there will be in issue.

Just got the leisure step built. It wasn’t too bad. Everything seems like it works. The only thing I messed with was unlocking the speed limit to the max. This thing is HUGE. I’m charging it now and will probably take it for the first spin tomorrow.

I have a couple questions for anyone that could chime in. Is there anything specific I should be doing during my first ride concerning the breaks or shifting or anything related? I’ve heard some things about easing the breaks in?

Also there’s an option in the advanced settings to change the responsiveness of the motor. Has anyone messed with this? I’m just curious as to what would be the best. It’s currently set to 2 right in the middle but I guess you can have it more or less responsive.

Attachments

• 3F37C60D-20CE-4D94-A73F-07B3C56E7E1E.jpeg
    3F37C60D-20CE-4D94-A73F-07B3C56E7E1E.jpeg
    510.1 KB · Views: 478
  • 8D0619B8-4177-4E05-BF85-2F00883883EF.jpeg
    8D0619B8-4177-4E05-BF85-2F00883883EF.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 482
Just got the leisure step built. It wasn’t too bad. Everything seems like it works. The only thing I messed with was unlocking the speed limit to the max. This thing is HUGE. I’m charging it now and will probably take it for the first spin tomorrow.

I have a couple questions for anyone that could chime in. Is there anything specific I should be doing during my first ride concerning the breaks or shifting or anything related? I’ve heard some things about easing the breaks in?

Also there’s an option in the advanced settings to change the responsiveness of the motor. Has anyone messed with this? I’m just curious as to what would be the best. It’s currently set to 2 right in the middle but I guess you can have it more or less responsive.
leave the settings as is then ride it, then play with the settings to see how they make a change.
Pretty sure mine are still set to stock except max speed to 99 and pas 1-9

I didn't intentionally break in the brakes, my driveway is down hill then once i hit the road it's down hill so mine were broke in , did it make a difference, not sure but I don't have brake noise.

Leisure step now BO... And November pre-order doesn't have 20A battery... So for November, the choice for my wife is between Leisure Step 17A and City 17A. Without the extra range advantage of 20A, my wife prefer the City.

Leisure step now BO... And November pre-order doesn't have 20A battery... So for November, the choice for my wife is between Leisure Step 17A and City 17A. Without the extra range advantage of 20A, my wife prefer the City.
we have 2 Leisure ST with a 19 ah and a 16 ah weight 190 & 140 me @190 using the 19ah our battery drain is exactly the same at the end of rides, our longest ride has been 66 miles and normal ride averages 40 miles, normal speed is 14mph using pas 2 or 3 on the way out and pas 5 or 6 18-20 mph when heading back to the car, I guess we do have range anxiety being conservative on the way out also enjoying the scenery.
yesterdays ride was 43 miles 5 miles from car i was using mostly throttle 27 mph ( my butt was start to get sore) still had 40 % battery at the end. trail was 1.5 % grade up hill on the way out.

we have 2 Leisure ST with a 19 ah and a 16 ah weight 190 & 140 me @190 using the 19ah our battery drain is exactly the same at the end of rides, our longest ride has been 66 miles and normal ride averages 40 miles, normal speed is 14mph using pas 2 or 3 on the way out and pas 5 or 6 18-20 mph when heading back to the car, I guess we do have range anxiety being conservative on the way out also enjoying the scenery.
yesterdays ride was 43 miles 5 miles from car i was using mostly throttle 27 mph ( my butt was start to get sore) still had 40 % battery at the end. trail was 1.5 % grade up hill on the way out.
Great information! Based on your feedback, it would be possible to go to work on cruise control, 20 mph, 30 miles with minimum effort.

Ok so I had my first outing with the bike today. I had 0 issues mechanically with anything. The brakes were very solid and the shifting was smooth. The bike was very comfortable. I would like to raise the handlebars a little higher but I will have to use the spacers to do that. I took a joy ride around Philadelphia. My total ride distance was 20 miles (2 hours). I averaged 10 mph but I stopped a bunch to check stuff out. My peak speed was 29 mph which was hit via the throttle only. I was using different pedal assist levels and settled on 5 for most of the ride which I thought was the highest but I realized after the ride the default actually goes to 7. I will have to test out level 6 and 7 tomorrow. I was wondering why I couldn't hit 28 mph by just pedaling and I am thinking that is why.

I wasn't blown away by the start out speed on the throttle. I am 230 pounds though plus the bike is about 70 pounds so there is a good bit of weight to push around. However once you got going a bit the throttle was pretty zippy to get you into the upper 20s. The throttle was nice to keep up with traffic around town. The pedal assist was fantastic. When I needed to go around people on the trail I would go right through the grass and my pedaling was never really slowed down. The versatility of the fat tires are great for purposes like that.

I just had a blast in general. It was so fun to explore for a couple hours and not work so hard. It has my mind thinking of all the different places I can take the bike. After a 20 mile ride when I got back to the house my battery was at about 52% so I imagine I could in theory go about 40 miles but I doubt it. I've heard the battery gets less efficient as it gets worn down so I imagine I may get around 30 miles out of the battery which is less than I had imagined but again I am 230 lbs.

All in all I was very happy with the ride. I liked the torque sensor of the pedals and it does feel more like riding a bicycle than having the cadence sensor rocket you forward randomly.

I am excited because I have a nice accessories on the way. I ordered a bag, a small electric air compressor, a tire patch kit, two mirrors, a couple replacement tubes, and some tire levers. I want to be prepared in case of an emergency.

Anyway, it was awesome and I am currently very happy with my purchase.

Attachments

• 62473571041--D402AE32-FE42-4087-89D5-880AF54C2406.JPG
    62473571041--D402AE32-FE42-4087-89D5-880AF54C2406.JPG
    760.4 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG-2576.JPG
    IMG-2576.JPG
    913.7 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Ok so I had my first outing with the bike today. I had 0 issues mechanically with anything. The brakes were very solid and the shifting was smooth. The bike was very comfortable. I would like to raise the handlebars a little higher but I will have to use the spacers to do that. I took a joy ride around Philadelphia. My total ride distance was 20 miles (2 hours). I averaged 10 mph but I stopped a bunch to check stuff out. My peak speed was 29 mph which was hit via the throttle only. I was using different pedal assist levels and settled on 5 for most of the ride which I thought was the highest but I realized after the ride the default actually goes to 7. I will have to test out level 6 and 7 tomorrow. I was wondering why I couldn't hit 28 mph by just pedaling and I am thinking that is why.

I wasn't blown away by the start out speed on the throttle. I am 230 pounds though plus the bike is about 70 pounds so there is a good bit of weight to push around. However once you got going a bit the throttle was pretty zippy to get you into the upper 20s. The throttle was nice to keep up with traffic around town. The pedal assist was fantastic. When I needed to go around people on the trail I would go right through the grass and my pedaling was never really slowed down. The versatility of the fat tires are great for purposes like that.

I just had a blast in general. It was so fun to explore for a couple hours and not work so hard. It has my mind thinking of all the different places I can take the bike. After a 20 mile ride when I got back to the house my battery was at about 52% so I imagine I could in theory go about 40 miles but I doubt it. I've heard the battery gets less efficient as it gets worn down so I imagine I may get around 30 miles out of the battery which is less than I had imagined but again I am 230 lbs.

All in all I was very happy with the ride. I liked the torque sensor of the pedals and it does feel more like riding a bicycle than having the cadence sensor rocket you forward randomly.

I am excited because I have a nice accessories on the way. I ordered a bag, a small electric air compressor, a tire patch kit, two mirrors, a couple replacement tubes, and some tire levers. I want to be prepared in case of an emergency.

Anyway, it was awesome and I am currently very happy with my purchase.
Awesome feedback. Love to see people enjoying their rides. Classic picture of Rocky! You'll probably shed a few pounds as you get out more often on the bike.

Hopefully we see advances in battery technology in the coming decade that allows us to go further and further.

I own the Leisure (not step version) and love it. I purchased in July and ride it 3-4 times a week. Great value, and fun to ride. My only concern is the sound the brakes make, but they work fine. Just noisy. Would I buy again? absolutely.

Day 2 ride 2

27.1 miles 1 hour 45 min according to my cycle computer

Did mostly trail riding but tested it out on some hills too and if you put it into a high assist and a low gear it eats steep hills for breakfast.

I started the ride a little late on my apple watch so it said the ride was a little less. Wonder if that data is accurate.

Attachments

• IMG-2589.PNG
    IMG-2589.PNG
    348.3 KB · Views: 389
Back