RipCurrent S or RadRover

Sidney e

Hi, I am new to this forum and will be purchasing my 1st e bike during these black Friday specials. I have narrowed it down to 2, the RipCurrent S or the RadRover. Although I am waiting for Black Friday the difference in cost is not significant to me. This bike will mainly be used for fun, probably averaging about less than 50 miles per week. What's important to me is I want a bike I can take out of the box, hopefully not damaged, build and ride with little maintenance needed during my ownership besides normal wear and tear. I have read a few posts here where the bikes arrived damaged and honestly if that occurred to me I would be disappointed. I appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.

There's a guy on YouTube who owns a RadRover and has done long-term reviews of both the RipCurrent and the CrossCurrent. I like watching his videos because his style is so laid-back, even humorous at times, and informative too. Nothing like first-person experience with the exact two bikes you are considering. TL:DR: he likes them both, but really likes the torque sensing on the RipCurrent.

Here's one on the RipCurrent to point you to his channel.

There's a guy on YouTube who owns a RadRover and has done long-term reviews of both the RipCurrent and the CrossCurrent. I like watching his videos because his style is so laid-back, even humorous at times, and informative too. Nothing like first-person experience with the exact two bikes you are considering. TL:DR: he likes them both, but really likes the torque sensing on the RipCurrent.

Here's one on the RipCurrent to point you to his channel.
Thank you so much. I appreciate the link too.

Something else to consider is whether or not either of these companies actually has the bike you want in stock. Juiced will accept pre-orders if they're out of stock where RAD only sells what's in stock. For full disclosure, I own a 2018 RadRover and received it within 11 days of ordering it. If you're not in a hurry to get the bike then delivery time is not an issue.

I have the Rad Rover and have no issues with it. A solid bike. With that being said Im a bigger fan of the torque sensor over the cadence sensor.

Back