Rip Current S

PlanB

I just got a Rip Current S. I had a knee injury and am finding the ride to be pretty stiff. I am considering a shock reducing seat post. Looking online, the require the diameter of the seat post. How do I determine what the diameter of the Rip Current seat post is?

Thanks!

27.2 mm. It's in the EBR review of the RipCurrent. Used to be on the Juiced Bikes website but unfortunately they've removed that kind of information. Don't know why.

27.2 mm. It's in the EBR review of the RipCurrent. Used to be on the Juiced Bikes website but unfortunately they've removed that kind of information. Don't know why.
Thanks! I looked at the site and couldn't find it. Maybe it's because they sell an expensive post and don't want people shopping elsewhere.

Thanks! I looked at the site and couldn't find it. Maybe it's because they sell an expensive post and don't want people shopping elsewhere.
They've taken out a lot of info on specs that wouldn't have anything to do with sales. I mean, they used to have the specs for everything. Dunno why they stopped doing that. The general public couldn't care less, of course, but there are still plenty of gear heads who would want to know.

I just bought a seat post for mine and it is 31.6. My RC is only a month old so I'm not sure if it has changed. I have the 52 volt version.

Thanks! It must have changed since the review. I have the 52 volt version as well. What post did you buy? I just bought a new seat. Also ordered the advanced charger. If you use the charger and recharge to 85%, supposedly it will double the battery life. Since the battery is crazy expensive, I figured the charger was worth $300.

First I ordered the Satori Animaris which was too small at 30.9 so I sent it back. I now have a Satori Harmony on the way which is a 31.6. I confirmed with Juiced that this is the right size. It's just a cheap post at $29 but I figure it should be of some help in the comfort dept. Yeah, I have some experience with Lipo batteries in other applications and they last longer if you keep them in that middle range. Charging them to 100 percent isn't nearly as bad as discharging them below 20. If you charge to 100 you should use it right away though and not leave it stored at that level of charge.

Back