Riese & Müller Charger3, Enviolo knob very stiff

pnowak2

hello,

1. yesterday during forest ride my enviolo knob on handle bar got really stiff, almost impossible to turn in any direction.
with some force i was able to move it little bit but that was very weird.

today a serviceman came to see the bike and he told me it was dirt on the enviolo cable situated close to the rear wheel/hub, where that part goes outside frame to enviolo rotating mechanism.

do you think this is so sensitive ? never happened to me with deraileur, was hoping for sth really prone to any dirt

2. How stiff the enviolo knob should work in general ? When i turn it with my right hand on the handlebar, it requires significant tension to turn it in any direction. Is there any way to measure how it should work optimal way ?

Merci

Bonjour ca va.

My Delite Vario (enviolo) gets quite a lot of off road riding, including muddy conditions, and what you described has not yet happened to me after 1 year of ownership.

My wife rides the same trails as me on a Homage Vario, and the same - no issue.

When turned off, both our enviolo ‘knobs’ turn reasonably easy with only a little resistance. When riding underload it is hard or even impossible to turn them (think step hill needing turbo for assistance), but under normal load there is increased resistance but still easy to turn.

I hope this helps.

Hi,
Interested if any outcome to this as mirrors symptoms I just posted about here:

well the bike has some issues since then.
it was taken to the shop for repair, and returned to me.
immediately after handover i noticed that the enviolo shifter on handlebars didnt feel right, was still stiff after 10 seconds of ride and was limited comparing to 380% range, i could not achieve full 380% like before when it came from factory. After gentle turn sth cracked in the enviolo handlebar knob and they took it for deeper look.

now they returned me the bike with another enviolo knob on handlebars, its different model, still stiffy and range is limited to my feel.
Not sure why is that and if i could regulate it myself or ask another shop for help.

so far replied to them that i would like to have original part, not replacement, although i guess its also nuvinci brand.

to be seen...

This would happen to mine occasionally when i owned it, usually caused by too much force on the pedals when twisting the shifter.
Muck around pushing it forward/backward a bit whilst slowly moving the shifter would fix it.

hello,

1. yesterday during forest ride my enviolo knob on handle bar got really stiff, almost impossible to turn in any direction.
with some force i was able to move it little bit but that was very weird.

today a serviceman came to see the bike and he told me it was dirt on the enviolo cable situated close to the rear wheel/hub, where that part goes outside frame to enviolo rotating mechanism.

do you think this is so sensitive ? never happened to me with deraileur, was hoping for sth really prone to any dirt

2. How stiff the enviolo knob should work in general ? When i turn it with my right hand on the handlebar, it requires significant tension to turn it in any direction. Is there any way to measure how it should work optimal way ?

Merci

I had the same problem.

The cables that operate the enviolo hub had become frayed inside of the cable tube. Eventually it snapped and i could only work the hub in one direction on the way home.

This was the solution:

proxy-image

1610847907113.jpeg

Nah. They just take standard shift cables, but the stock ones are kind of low-quality. Any decent stainless shift cable will be an upgrade.

No idea what @VarioHSDelite intended to post, but you definitely can't run an Eviolio with brake cables.

Back