Riding partner,locatiins north of atlanta ga

Jbiker1

Region
USA
I am a senior male, new to riding. I have an Aventon Aventure. Looking for someone to ride with in this general area as soon as the weather improves. I live approx. 35 mles north of Atlanta. Most of my riding has been on the road. Very Dangerous in my area, lots of traffic. This area is not very friendly to bikers. No bike lanes.

Unfortunately, I live too far north to ride your area on a regular basis. I did get down there a couple of years ago to ride the Silver Comet Trail, just northwest of Atlanta. It's paved and mostly off road so there's no traffic hassle. I met a group that rides there regularly and they welcome visitors. I was told there are many such groups on the trail.

If you like riding in an urban / suburban environment, it's worth the trip.

I live about 50 Miles northeast of Atlanta, I agree with you about bikes on the roads of Georgia, bikes replacing vehicles ain’t happening no time soon in Georgia. I enjoy riding the Silver Comet, I go to Piedmont Alabama to ride, the the Cobb county (east end) has a lot of traffic. The Big Creek greenway sounds like it might be close to you, I ride there about once a month ( not on a weekend) be aware that storms will close the trail,22 miles rt, when they finish the Forsyth county end it will be about a 70 mile rt, we are going to be in Florida for the next 6 weeks, maybe we could meet after, enjoy that bike

Maybe we can get together and ride. I live about 5 miles from the Big Creek Greenway. I'm a little concerned about riding the slick wooden parts. After a injury from a freak accident layed me up for so long. Frustratung after riding a big Harley for 20 years. I quit because I was afraid of getting injured. As slow as you would be riding I assume that helps your range? My bike is difficult to ride slow, mph and under. I am planning on trying the greenway.

How safe is the Silvercomet trail?

Most of the greenway is paved from union hill park back to Roswell, the greenway north in Forsyth county is all wood. I can set the assist on my bike to get 100 miles on one battery charge. The parts of the Silver Comet I’ve been is safe, parts west of Cedartown are isolated not much traffic… be aware the trail between Rockmart and Cedartown is not a rail trail the part going around the hill is still being used by the railroad, the trail was run over the hill to connect to Cedartown, it is tough so not much traffic. It usually takes me 30-45 minutes to get to Big Creek, there is nothing on this side

question jbiker1, I’m not very knowledgeable on hub motor bikes, does it still run fast no matter the gear? I have read here that a lot of people use the throttle to start out slower… you probably know more about that than I do, since you rode you HD so long

The bike is a fat tire. AVENTURE. . The PAS settimgs are more like speed settings. Throttle has a slight delay for safety, power doesn't kick in immediately pedaling. But cadence is too much like on n off with the motor vs pedal effort on mid drive. I figure a mix of PAS 1, throttle, maybe no motor at times on Greenway. No.motor is fun on a 70 plus lb bike, Greenway is mostly level on the parts I've been on. Or. I long,steep hills. The bike is a strong hill climber. I am interested in a mid drive bike, but the ones I like are pricey especially for places to ride in this area.

Yes, I’ve been down that road, I’m on my third ebike, hang in there. I’ll PM you this spring to meet at Big Creek

I am a senior male, new to riding. I have an Aventon Aventure. Looking for someone to ride with in this general area as soon as the weather improves. I live approx. 35 mles north of Atlanta. Most of my riding has been on the road. Very Dangerous in my area, lots of traffic. This area is not very friendly to bikers. No bike lanes.
A good place to look for bike trails, both on and off road, is Trailink.com:

Back