Riding an electric bike drops heart and cancer risks, finds German study

German e-bikes are not 750 or 1600 W Bafang motors and have no throttle.
Thinking an e-bike that does all the work for you would bring any health effects is like eating a large steak and drinking Coke Zero in the hope the latter helps :)

German e-bikes are not 750 or 1600 W Bafang motors and have no throttle.
Thinking an e-bike that does all the work for you would bring any health effects is like eating a large steak and drinking Coke Zero in the hope the latter helps :)
If a restaurant is serving Coke Zero, it is extremely healthy for me to eat the big steak (sirloin please); dislike Coke so I would drink water.

Remember just because a motor has a peak capability doesn't mean it is running anywhere near that level. Studies in the USA with those 750w motors you are pooping on have also shown clearly beneficial results. This German study is just one more in what is becoming a rather long line.

Remember just because a motor has a peak capability doesn't mean it is running anywhere near that level. Studies in the USA with those 750w motors you are pooping on have also shown clearly beneficial results. This German study is just one more in what is becoming a rather long line.
Agreed, I'm running 1500W on my Ultra Mag (torque sensing) but I work my ass off every time. Mostly off-road hills and such...

I lost 10 pounds after installing my high torque 750w Bafang motor with a throttle because I'm riding longer which is the main benefit of an eBike.
Meanwhile.... Poland continues to be obtuse

I lost 10 pounds after installing my high torque 750w Bafang motor with a throttle because I'm riding longer which is the main benefit of an eBike.
Meanwhile.... Poland continues to be obtuse
My wife would complain about how her Aventon Level, in PAS 1 would kick her up to 12mph, which was too much assist. So I modded it with KT controller which only boosted her to 7-8mph in PAS 1. She still insisted on not using PAS because she wanted exercise. I just got her a Frey Savannah with the Ultra and Torque sensing. Now..... she can't believe how much her legs get tired because she says she's always working no matter what PAS leve she's in!

Great article…IDK about the throttle aspect…kinda contradicts the whole idea of exercise…but what do I know

Great article…IDK about the throttle aspect…kinda contradicts the whole idea of exercise…but what do I know
Well if you only use the throttle in situations to keep yourself from injury or exhaustion... You can exercise longer at a comfortable pace which is typically most of your ride.

I no longer ride an ebike, but I still recommend ebikes to my friends. It's amazing how many conclude that there's no exercise benefits because there is a motor. I think I've swayed about a dozen people, but I still can't convince my wife to get an ebike. I'd love her to get one as we could ride together more often if she did.

I no longer ride an ebike, but I still recommend ebikes to my friends. It's amazing how many conclude that there's no exercise benefits because there is a motor. I think I've swayed about a dozen people, but I still can't convince my wife to get an ebike. I'd love her to get one as we could ride together more often if she did.
I see way too many people doing nothing more then ghost peddling with the clan on the smallest cog always.

Look it doesn’t matter what size motor you have or throttle etc. The fact is if your heart rate is in the target zone for exercise it is definitely great for longevity…,
oh my god someone who is actually thinking without polluting the thread with mindless, irrelevant nonsense. Hurry moderators ban this guy.

Comment on the science…not how much you like your scooter
^ “mindless and irrelevant”.

Comment on the science…not how much you like your scooter
^ “mindless and irrelevant”.
There was no science present in your comment to discuss. You were just being snotty, and making no attempt to contribute anything but a bad attitude. Don't whine when you reap what you sow.

I see way too many people doing nothing more then ghost peddling with the clan on the smallest cog always.
Ghost pedalling or hard pedalling... I wonder how many people in this thread are actually pedalling their e-bikes for 2 to 5 hours to actually get any exercise.
I was 97 kg (214 lb) two months ago and now after my long rides (thanks to the warmer weather) I got down to 94 kg (207 lb) and it's counting...

Back