RideControl iPhone App

RichardL

I got the RideControl app working on my 2019 Giant. It is pretty nice but does not allow a switch to miles on some of the readings. Also, there is still no way to change the tire size on the computer.

Attachments

• Photo Dec 19, 11 34 50 AM.png
    Photo Dec 19, 11 34 50 AM.png
    667.8 KB · Views: 647
  • Photo Dec 19, 11 31 35 AM.png
    Photo Dec 19, 11 31 35 AM.png
    977 KB · Views: 707
  • Photo Dec 19, 11 31 27 AM.png
    Photo Dec 19, 11 31 27 AM.png
    658.4 KB · Views: 677
I have been playing with the power settings in the RideControl App. I have changed the lower 4 settings to give me more granularity of settings at the low end. Theoretically, the 75% on the lowest setting should give me longer overall distance capability as long as it is a relatively flat ride.

Attachments

• Photo Dec 23, 3 19 09 PM.png
    Photo Dec 23, 3 19 09 PM.png
    209.6 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:
I have been playing with the power settings in the RideControl App. I have changed the lower 4 settings to give me more granularity of settings at the low end. Theoretically, the 75% on the lowest setting should give me longer overall distance capability as long as it is a relatively flat ride.

I have a 2018 E bike with the charge controller… I have downloaded the app and it recognizes the bike but does not have functionality… Any idea how to update The firmware as the app will not let me do that

Thanks

I have a 2018 E bike with the charge controller… I have downloaded the app and it recognizes the bike but does not have functionality… Any idea how to update The firmware as the app will not let me do that

Thanks

Shagy - My understanding is that the app functionality was only enabled for 2019 models. I'm not sure if that means that there is no capability on 2018 and earlier models or if they will make some firmware or software update available to allow those earlier model years to connect. The connection to the bike is via a bluetooth connection. Not sure if that hardware is in the 2018 and earlier bikes or not.

Last edited:
Shagy - My understanding is that the app functionality was only enabled for 2019 models. I'm not sure if that means that there is no capability on 2018 and earlier models or if they will make some firmware or software update available to allow those earlier model years to connect. The connection to the bike is via a bluetooth connection. Not sure if that hardware is in the 2018 and earlier bikes or not.

Thanks

On my 2018 ( with evo controller) I was able to adjust assist levels / get data about battery usage / condition etc. but it crashed when I tried to upgrade the firmware ( and came up with a go visit the lbs message) - removing the battery and forcing a shutdown seemed to reset everything, and it's happily running the different assist levels on the original firmware now ( I dropped eco back to 50% )

Nb if your lbs tries to tell you that the app is only suitable for 2019 bikes, I think I still have a screenshot somewhere advertising the app for my 2018 bike ( I took the screenshot because after buying the bike I realised giant has been advertising a non existent app.....)

I got the RideControl app working on my 2019 Giant. It is pretty nice but does not allow a switch to miles on some of the readings. Also, there is still no way to change the tire size on the computer.
Richard there was an update on the app a few weeks ago which allows you to change to imperial, then you can have mph.

It was the app it’s self would only track in kph but were able to switch to miles now,
The 2017 could be done on the i button but didn’t have the alpp.

Back