Ride1UP 700 series ok sizewise for 6'2"?

AdamL

Region
USA
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a Ride1UP 700 step over and am concerned it will be too small for me. I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam. I normally ride large to extra large frames and have seen the 700 decribed as a medium/large frame.

Anyone own the 700 step over that is around the same size and how do you feel about it size wise?

Thanks.

I am 6’03” with a 36” inseam…long legs and short torso. It makes bike fit difficult as I need a very high seat with a relatively short reach but high handlebars. I feel your pain.

I am 6' tall, 32 inch inseam. The 700 fits me pretty well. Be sure you get a step over and not a step thru - my wife has a step thru and it is definitely too small for me to ride.

You might need to buy a longer seatpost, but I don't think it will be necessary. The adjustable stem helps fit the bike to you. I switched to a Cane Creek Thudbuster seatpost (and the bike is in FL at the moment) so I can't say for sure about the longer seatpost. But a seatpost is only $25 on Amazon.

For my own comfort, not because it needed it, I bought and installed a stem riser. Less than $15 on Amazon/Ebay. Cables were long enough to raise the handlebars 3+ inches, as was the front brake line. I wanted a sit up straight bike rather than a lean forward bike - which I only discovered after buying it. I still use a lean forward position on my MTB. I also added a Soma Dreamriser handlebar - it has 2" of rise, and the bars are swept back 25 degrees. My wrists like the new bar a lot. I also tried a bar with 45 degrees of backsweep but it was just too much. When roaming around on pavement, I really appreciate sitting upright and feel that I can see what's around me much better than when I was leaning forward.

Other bikes you might want to check out would be Rize bikes and Juiced bikes. Although I haven't ridden either one, both were very appealing to me for he same reasons as I liked the R1U 700.

About 6' here with a 32" inseam. 700 XR works fine for me. Mine came with the adjustable stem, which I used to pivot up the handlebars a little. I've put a suspension seat post on mine that is 350 mm. You could get a 400 mm one if you need more seat height.

I’m 6 feet tall and I have the 700XR. It comes with a handlebar riser. I raised it all the way, 60 degrees up. I can sit a bit upright. I was thinking about getting new handlebars to achieve a more upright position. I’m not saying it’s uncomfortable, I ride almost 4 miles to work and I’m not sore or tired. Stepping over isn’t an issue, unless I’m wearing my boots.

I'm about 6'2" with a 34" inseam and my XR fits great! My seat is set on the "6" mark and the handlebars are up and forward a little for my 36" sleeve length. This is a great riding position for me, I am sitting nearly upright!!

I feel more crampted on my wife's ST because her seat seams a little closer to the handlebars. I need to have the seat up quite high to accomodate my leg length but then I feel like I'm well over the handlebars, it's just not as comfortable for my size as the XR is.

They are both awesome bikes so far, week 2 and today it is snowing...uhhh!

Attachments

• IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Back