Gazelle Medeo or Ultimate T10+ Questions

I have the 53 cm Ultimate T10+. Any dimensions I can measure for you? I am 6’0” with a 34 inch inseam. I find the high bar as high as I can comfortably straddle the bike. Any taller would be like a cheap hotel…..no ballroom. 😉

Attachments

• IMG_3553.jpeg
    IMG_3553.jpeg
    439.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2347.jpeg
    IMG_2347.jpeg
    606.2 KB · Views: 56
I have the 53 cm Ultimate T10+. Any dimensions I can measure for you? I am 6’0” with a 34 inch inseam. I find the high bar as high as I can comfortably straddle the bike. Any taller would be like a cheap hotel…..no ballroom. 😈😂

@Viking1 - I appreciate your note! Sounds like we are fairly similar in size. I am 6'2" and my inseam is probably around 35 inches. Exact measurement would depend on how the measurement was taken. I used the method from the Gazelle website copied below and came up with a 605 cm measurement. Did you happen to try this method yourself?

From the Gazelle Website:​

"Can I measure my frame size myself?

You can calculate the frame size of your bike yourself by measuring your inseam. But how do you do this?
  • Grab a tape measure
  • Take off your shoes and socks and place your feet 20 cm apart
  • Measure (or have measured) the distance from the crotch to the ground
  • Multiply the distance by 0.68: this is your ideal frame size
  • Do you have a bike with a suspension seat post? Then calculate: frame size minus 4"
Using the Gazelle suggested frame sizes, you would normally have been fit to a large frame. Sounds like you limited that to a medium to help manage the height of the top bar. I would normally be fit to a large as well but also considering a medium. I am curious as to how much of your seat stem is exposed between the top of the seat tube and the bottom of the seat securement bracket? In looking at your photos it looks like it would just be 2 or 3 inches??

It worth giving stepthru c380 a try but it does have class 2 motor. For leisure riding never felt need for more speed. Commuting and running errands then class 3 is nice to have.
Looking at photos seems to be quite bit of clearance on tires so may take 28x2.35 Johnny Watts at very less Big Ben 28x2.15. Extra size allows for tires to be run at lower pressure combined with large volume a softer ride if doing rough tracks. On smooth gravel cycle trails 2.00 is fine at mid pressures.

NB there significant difference in volume between 2.0 and 2.15 a lot more than numbers imply.

@Viking1 - I appreciate your note! Sounds like we are fairly similar in size. I am 6'2" and my inseam is probably around 35 inches. Exact measurement would depend on how the measurement was taken. I used the method from the Gazelle website copied below and came up with a 605 cm measurement. Did you happen to try this method yourself?

From the Gazelle Website:​

"Can I measure my frame size myself?

You can calculate the frame size of your bike yourself by measuring your inseam. But how do you do this?
  • Grab a tape measure
  • Take off your shoes and socks and place your feet 20 cm apart
  • Measure (or have measured) the distance from the crotch to the ground
  • Multiply the distance by 0.68: this is your ideal frame size
  • Do you have a bike with a suspension seat post? Then calculate: frame size minus 4"
Using the Gazelle suggested frame sizes, you would normally have been fit to a large frame. Sounds like you limited that to a medium to help manage the height of the top bar. I would normally be fit to a large as well but also considering a medium. I am curious as to how much of your seat stem is exposed between the top of the seat tube and the bottom of the seat securement bracket? In looking at your photos it looks like it would just be 2 or 3 inches??
I do have a Shimano seat post suspension and with it I believe I am still at a 2-3” height. The performance of the suspension is incredible. As far as the Ultimate T-10+, the bike has been perfect from new, no issues, no adjustments, just go!! Gazelle makes an incredible bicycle. I do find the wheels are better suited for on road as they are a little narrow for sand and off road. But on road the bike is smooth, stable, and fast.

Attachments

• IMG_2044.jpeg
    IMG_2044.jpeg
    555.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2046.jpeg
    IMG_2046.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
I do have a Shimano seat post suspension and with it I believe I am still at a 2-3” height. The performance of the suspension is incredible. As far as the Ultimate T-10+, the bike has been perfect from new, no issues, no adjustments, just go!! Gazelle makes an incredible bicycle. I do find the wheels are better suited for on road as they are a little narrow for sand and off road. But on road the bike is smooth, stable, and fast.
@Viking1 - Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear that you have been happy with the Ultimate T10+. Based on your experience and information about seat post extension, I do think I could make either a medium or large frame size work. I did have a bit of luck in that the local bike shop also called today, to let me know that they now had a Modeo T9 in the shop with a large frame. I also found the Gazelle geometry documents online and between a review of those documents and measurements I took off the T9 I will go with a large frame. Still waiting to find out the results of a ebike rebate program I have applied for before I make a purchase.

Back