Ride the Hurricane

EMGX

This coming Sunday is a ride event in Olympic NP. Hurricane road closed to car traffic 7am to noon for a sponsored bike ride. Ebikes can't register but I doubt that non-registered riders are prohibited by the national park. I've done this ride on non-event days a few times on regular non-assist bikes including once on a mountain bike. It is a gorgeous ride, I hope to be up there for a few days to ride the area again, but this time on an ebike for sure as I'm not at all in shape to ride it otherwise. "RIDE THE HURRICANE IS A CHALLENGING HILL CLIMB, AND WE RECOMMEND THAT ONLY SKILLED AND TRAINED CYCLISTS WITH EXPERIENCE AT THIS LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE ATTEMPT THE RIDE." Oh well, I'll make up for it with a battery.
I think I'll take this bike, a outstanding Walmart bike that I've ridden many miles over the years including some short touring. At the moment it has a tongsheng mid drive which (sorry high price bike aficionados) rivals performance of at least Yamaha PW-SE bikes, of which I have one. I love both bikes but unless I change my mind by tomorrow the Walmart DIY ebike is my preference. Oh, and rim brakes work fine for me on the 40ish mph downhill coasting speeds on this ride - iconoclastic, I know.

20190722_142021 (1).jpg

I rode around 50 miles on the ODT, Lake Crescent and west. Scenic paved path, busy in the popular areas along Lake Crescent.
IMG_20220815_152204963_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220815_160427057_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220816_115552064.jpg
IMG_20220817_201852469_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back