Ride Control One System Event

LynneandGeoff

Near the end of a 50k ride on a Liv Embolden E+1, the motor cut out, showing the red light and either motor issue or sensor issue while using auto assist on a climb. It restarted after turning power of and on , but cut out a couple of more times while finishing the ride. The following morning I took the bike out again on a short ride to check which LED was coming on, but couldn’t get the system error. The manual says don’t bother with the dealer if not persistent problem. Anyone had experience of these system events?

Had a similar issue that turned out to be a misaligned magnet for the speed sensor. Mine was mostly reading the magnet but very occasionally it must have missed it and threw an error. Adjusted and all is now well and has been since.

There is an indicator line near the end of the sensor where the spoke magnet is supposed to pass. Make sure the magnet didn't move up or down the spoke or get turned.
I've done some testing and any ol' speedo magnet will work. But yeah, if it's not there, will shut down your assist system.

There is an indicator line near the end of the sensor where the spoke magnet is supposed to pass. Make sure the magnet didn't move up or down the spoke or get turned.
I've done some testing and any ol' speedo magnet will work. But yeah, if it's not there, will shut down your assist system.
Thanks. Wasn’t aware there was a spoke magnet measuring speed! It’s all new to me

There are four or six sensors, depending on model year. Tells your assist motor when to run and how much. ;)
It's common for the speed sensor magnet to get knocked out of alignment. Make sure the set screw is tight without stripping it. Maybe even locktite it.

capteur-vitesse.jpg

Than
There are four or six sensors, depending on model year. Tells your assist motor when to run and how much. ;)
It's common for the speed sensor magnet to get knocked out of alignment. Make sure the set screw is tight without stripping it. Maybe even locktite it.

capteur-vitesse.jpg
Thanks - will take a look at it

Back