Revolt E+ Rack & Fender Setup

Steveinconcord

Thought folks might be interested in my Revolt E+ Pro rack and fender setup. Because there are few eyelets and no fork crown hole, I used SKS Speedrocker Fenders which velcro to the fork and stays. The mounting is surprisingly stable. The racks are Surly and go on really nicely. Had to use P-clamps on the seat-stays but there were threaded mounting holes everywhere else. The long rack seat-stay rods enabled me to strap my Showers Pass GoreTex stuffsack there and still mount the Arkel Tailrider bag. That bag is just barely (with some effort) long enough to hold an extra battery. Only operational problem is that the front wheel skewer lever won't clear the rack mounting bracket, so I'll have to loosen the skewer, then remove the lever (allen bolt comes right out) and unscrew the skewer by hand to take the wheel off. But that's not a big problem, and I could just leave the lever off and then get it out and use it as a wrench to remove the wheel. In the end, I've got a well-equipped bike for loaded touring, and my Ortlieb panniers fit beautifully on the racks. IMG_2986.jpgIMG_2987.jpgIMG_2988.jpgIMG_2989.jpgIMG_2993.jpgIMG_2994.jpg

Last edited:
Thought folks might be interested in my Revolt E+ Pro rack and fender setup. Because there are few eyelets and no fork crown hole, I used SKS Speedrocker Fenders which velcro to the fork and stays. The mounting is surprisingly stable. The racks are Surly and go on really nicely. Had to use P-clamps on the seat-stays but there were threaded mounting holes everywhere else. The long rack seat-stay rods enabled me to strap my Showers Pass GoreTex stuffsack there and still mount the Arkel Tailrider bag. That bag is just barely (with some effort) long enough to hold an extra battery. Only operational problem is that the front wheel skewer lever won't clear the rack mounting bracket, so I'll have to loosen the skewer, then remove the lever (allen bolt comes right out) and unscrew the skewer by hand to take the wheel off. But that's not a big problem, and I could just leave the lever off and then get it out and use it as a wrench to remove the wheel. In the end, I've got a well-equipped bike for loaded touring, and my Ortlieb panniers fit beautifully on the racks.View attachment 54614View attachment 54615View attachment 54616View attachment 54617View attachment 54618View attachment 54619
Nicely done - keep us posted

Note that Giant makes an adapter that slips onto your seatpost and gives you rack mounting points:
My dealer gave me one when I mentioned wanting to mount up a rack to have someplace to stick the spare battery. With that you can mount up most racks without issue.

I ended up doing an axiom streamliner rack and milling my own mounts on my cnc. The Axiom racks have a replaceable bottom mount so I could set the rack lower, because I don't like the battery high up, and for the upper I just milled and bent a piece that connects to the bridge fender mount.

0lgbI0mh.jpg

fGjK99Gh.jpg

Actually, the one I linked replaces the collar and won't work on the Revolt. They do have one that just slips onto the seatpost though and has a hole so you can still adjust the height. Ask your dealer for one. They may not be available online.

Is there a braze-on on the back of the bottom braket (motor) where the bottom of a full length rear fender would mount to? Thanks

Thought folks might be interested in my Revolt E+ Pro rack and fender setup. Because there are few eyelets and no fork crown hole, I used SKS Speedrocker Fenders which velcro to the fork and stays. The mounting is surprisingly stable. The racks are Surly and go on really nicely. Had to use P-clamps on the seat-stays but there were threaded mounting holes everywhere else. The long rack seat-stay rods enabled me to strap my Showers Pass GoreTex stuffsack there and still mount the Arkel Tailrider bag. That bag is just barely (with some effort) long enough to hold an extra battery. Only operational problem is that the front wheel skewer lever won't clear the rack mounting bracket, so I'll have to loosen the skewer, then remove the lever (allen bolt comes right out) and unscrew the skewer by hand to take the wheel off. But that's not a big problem, and I could just leave the lever off and then get it out and use it as a wrench to remove the wheel. In the end, I've got a well-equipped bike for loaded touring, and my Ortlieb panniers fit beautifully on the racks.View attachment 54614View attachment 54615View attachment 54616View attachment 54617View attachment 54618View attachment 54619
What size p-clamps did you use on seatstays? Thanks

There is what appears to be a rubber plug on the back of the motor, dead center between the chain stays. Don't know whether that's a threaded boss/insert or what - even if I pulled the plug out, I probably wouldn't be able to tell without removing the rear wheel.

There is what appears to be a rubber plug on the back of the motor, dead center between the chain stays. Don't know whether that's a threaded boss/insert or what - even if I pulled the plug out, I probably wouldn't be able to tell without removing the rear wheel.
Sounds like there may be then, I'll find out soon enough when I get mine. Thanks!

drewberz, what SKS's did you go with? Any clearance issues with the 45 tires?

well i am running 38c Schwalbe G-Ones, and i have some clearance with these:

i never tried them with the stock tires.

these claim to fit with the stock 45mm tire width:

well i am running 38c Schwalbe G-Ones, and i have some clearance with these:

i never tried them with the stock tires.

these claim to fit with the stock 45mm tire width:
Thanks for the info. I have Bluemels on my Haibike and like them, but they had to be customized for the bike, so I need a new set.

How did you mount the fender bridge mount to the seatstay bridge? The mount on a bike is usually quarter turned from where it is on the Revolt. Thanks!
Giant_Revolt-e-gravel-bike.jpg

Thanks for the info. I have Bluemels on my Haibike and like them, but they had to be customized for the bike, so I need a new set.

How did you mount the fender bridge mount to the seatstay bridge? The mount on a bike is usually quarter turned from where it is on the Revolt. Thanks!
View attachment 62641

I drilled out the L bracket and put a bolt through it to the bridge. Holding up fine!

Back