Researching converting a minibike to electric

ICamp

Region
USA
Please excuse this post if not appropriate for this forum. I have been researching converting an old, Bearkat, Rokon, Tote Gote or Pack Mule type minibike to electric.

I have found a kit made by Kun Ray, that seems to be suited for a project like this. (Amazon link and some detailed specifications at this web site:

Two questions
I am not an electrical engineer and having trouble matching a battery to this system. Sending the controller & motor specs to various battery suppliers, I get a wide variety of prices. What are the key specifications to focus on ? Any recommendations?

though this kit seems fairly complete, it does not include a handlebar display to monitor system function & remaining battery charge. Is there a white paper or an aftermarket handlebar display unit that includes instructions on how to splice it into the system ?

I am probably over my head with this project, but open to any and all advice (beside quit now!!!)

Last edited:
I have given the same motor & controller specs to two vendors & have received proposals, with one battery about twice has expensive as the other !

Wondering what specification is driving the higher cost and presumably the higher value.

5594CE3B-1540-448F-BA8B-5ACFE2688CB2.png

Attachments

• 1E990919-62ED-4932-9BD2-0F44DDB3A028.png
    1E990919-62ED-4932-9BD2-0F44DDB3A028.png
    331.2 KB · Views: 189
Jeebus, the pricing for a 72V battery pack should be the harbinger of doom. A real problem waiting to happen!
Wondering what specification is driving the higher cost and presumably the higher value.
Easier to answer if you posted details on the two batteries.

Jeebus, the pricing for a 72V battery pack should be the harbinger of doom. A real problem waiting to happen!

Easier to answer if you posted details on the two batteries.
Tried to post the spec’s I have in the previous pic’s. (Sorry not clever enough to post links)

they are each giving me the specs they want to share. Given 3000w 72v scooter/minibike application, if I were to ask each vendor for the same 1 or 2or 3 key specifications, what should I ask for to get a side by side comparison?

Last edited:
Thats mighty cheap for a battery with those specs- for instance go price a "Battleborn" or similar setup, you could rig up a 24 volt system pretty easily-THE-COST!

Back