replacing my bulls crossover with a trek Allant 8s

fooferdoggie

my bulls bosch motor has a rusted out bearing ion the bottom bracket. so not sure but if I need another bike it will become the backup after its fixed.
I have a good trek store less then a mile away with a good staff. looking in the 4k price range the trek seemed the way to go. some parts on my bulls are better then the trek. like my wheels are a lot better as I had to have them replaced but they are 700s and not as wide. I have six and xt shifting but not sure if I would notice too much difference. brakes are a little lower on the trek as I upgraded to 4 piston it's but I doubt there is a huge difference but maybe the feel. gearing is close though I have a 11-34 on back Would be nice to have lower gearing so I can spin more on the steep hills but I like the spacing on the smaller cassette. tires area big one where I am running 1.5 marathon plus but then again I need a air fork and suspension seat post so maybe bigger tires will fix that but getting used to more drag may be hard. Though I wonder if I can use my wheels with smaller tires? the hubs can be converted to through axle so thats not a issue. being able to use my external battery as an extender would be great so I don't have to get another battery.

Last edited:
Seems like it would work. You would want to move your Nyon over right away - but that would be a straight swap no wiring needed. I wasn't a fan of the rack on the Trek when I looked at it. Fine if you use a pannier, but you're basically SOL if you want to use a trunk bag.

Zen Samurai base seems like a much better value if you can wait a few months.

Ya a good rack would be first. I might have to get a new nyon to put back on my bulls as running the wires was a nightmare they had to tear the whole front end apart to get the wires in for the nyon. Ya the zen looks good but this is my car and not having local service can be an issue.

ok I bought the bike found red one in stock. looks idk the range boost kit is usually ordered with a battery but I don't need a battery so the shop has to order each part separately I dont know if the gen 4 motor is nosier then my gen two or just a different sound but it sounds louder. but I dont have the small cog noise and thats nice. I wont have the bike till tomorrow afternoon Randall my stuff is moved over. I like the feel of the tires with a little less air but I need to see how much they cut into the milage. if I change tires I would change to my wheels I already have as they are far better wheels. they are 700's but a little smaller tire would work. but it would be nice not to need suspension fork and a suspension seat post.

Back