Replaced My Stromer ST2 S with an ST7

That is too weird as the front brake should be able, on a downhill descent at 35 mph/ 55 kph,
to stop the bike, no problem whatsoever.
A stop from 15 mph should be like no effort!

On 35 mph stop, the only concern should be … the brakes are so powerful that deceleration can cause a front flip. Thank you Stromer ABS.

Could it be misalignment of the front brake disc and caliper? The pad would only contact on the edge, with almost no surface area.
As that edge wore, a little more surface would be added.

All my Stromer brakes are super powerful and yours should be too. Sorry to hear , please let us know what happens.
Anyone that thinks the TRP front brake is not powerful enough are simply too afraid to grab at it. Them ST5 brakes will lock up or throw you over the bars at anytime if you don’t know how to lean back and modulate the HD944 pumps.

Just updating this thread with my own observations after a few hundred miles on my ST7 Red Bull Alinghi:
  • As others have said, once you go Pinion, its hard to go back. I also have a SuperDelite from R&M and there's no comparison vs. the Rohloff which I find sluggish at times and annoying to have to time. The Pinion and paddle shifters is going to be really difficult to ever leave behind - its absolutely incredible and responsive.
  • The weight is definitely noticeable. I'm coming from prior ST3, ST2S, ST5 and the ST5 was definitely more nimble. However, since I use the Stromer for commuting, I don't really care too much about it not being as agile.
  • Omni is a huge improvement. Crisp response, pairs quickly, I like the riding display in color. The AutoLock has been hit or miss - I most frequently have to manually unlock.
  • The battery life is great. I'm a large man (6'4, 300 lbs) and still get ~50-70 mi if I keep it at a reasonable assist level 2. This is plenty to get me through the week (~15 mi/ day x 3-4 days) and I don't have to sweat battery. If you tune the second level assist closer to the 3rd, it starts getting to 30-50 miles.
  • I do love the bag that comes with the Red Bull version. It has become my laptop bag and clips perfectly onto the rack for work!
I plan on doing a YouTube video write-up on the ST7 since there aren't many around.

Just updating this thread with my own observations after a few hundred miles on my ST7 Red Bull Alinghi:
  • As others have said, once you go Pinion, its hard to go back. I also have a SuperDelite from R&M and there's no comparison vs. the Rohloff which I find sluggish at times and annoying to have to time. The Pinion and paddle shifters is going to be really difficult to ever leave behind - its absolutely incredible and responsive.
  • The weight is definitely noticeable. I'm coming from prior ST3, ST2S, ST5 and the ST5 was definitely more nimble. However, since I use the Stromer for commuting, I don't really care too much about it not being as agile.
  • Omni is a huge improvement. Crisp response, pairs quickly, I like the riding display in color. The AutoLock has been hit or miss - I most frequently have to manually unlock.
  • The battery life is great. I'm a large man (6'4, 300 lbs) and still get ~50-70 mi if I keep it at a reasonable assist level 2. This is plenty to get me through the week (~15 mi/ day x 3-4 days) and I don't have to sweat battery. If you tune the second level assist closer to the 3rd, it starts getting to 30-50 miles.
  • I do love the bag that comes with the Red Bull version. It has become my laptop bag and clips perfectly onto the rack for work!
I plan on doing a YouTube video write-up on the ST7 since there aren't many around.
Pinion:generally top notch unless you have had a Stromer with Di2….which shifts when you think about and is slightly quieter, but both are quiet.
And Pinion has that one clunk shift when it needs to shift both tranny shafts.
Belt is so sweet though.

Picture of 4 rides where miles is extrapolated out:
Range from 157 miles to 237 miles 😳
So, your mileage may vary .
These were moderate speed rides , like 17 mph average
When cranked up to cruise at 27 mph, big drop!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 41
Back