Replace Damaged Charge Display for 2018 Explore+ 3 GTS

RickinSD

Region
USA
My other half managed to crash his Explore E+ 3 and damage the Charge Display. The bike still works fine and you can still see the % charge indicator in the corner, but I'd like to replace the screen. A call to the shop where we purchased the bikes indicated that the screen would cost over $300 and they would have to install it. I was bit miffed because I'm sure it's just a plug 'n play kind of thing (and if not, I'm sure I could figure it out). So I began a search of the part using Mr. Google. Not easy.

The only places I can find this part is overseas in Denmark and the Netherlands! Not as expensive as at the local shop - I found two shops that will sell it:

E-Bike Parts $145 including shipping
Bike Online-Shop $188 including shipping

Has anyone purchased parts from E-Bikes Parts? Has anyone found another source of parts in the US?

Beyond this, has anyone converted their Charge Display to an EVO Display? Both displays are discussed in the owners manual we got with the bikes. Perhaps I should upgrade at this time?

I am also in the process of replacing the display. I was able to take off the old one except I was unable without further deconstruction to find out where the other long cable that is in the frame connected to. Does anyone know and do I access it through the battery port or does the covers for the motor need to be removed? Thanks

Back