Remove Easy Motion

mamerc

I would like to remove the Easy Motion name from the battery. Is this thing a skin or painted on? ... Thanks to all
Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 9.58.22 AM.png

I would like to remove the Easy Motion name from the battery. Is this thing a skin or painted on? ... Thanks to all

It is a skin but it's little hard to remove.
You would be better off covering that space with something like white or matte/glossy white sticker.

Looking at your other stickers seems like a nice bumper sticker might fit in well.
Looking forward to pictures of the result.

I too have been wanting to cover the Easy Motion battery logos. I ordered some gloss white vinyl wrap (1' x 5'). I'll let you know how it works out on my EVO Street.

I too have been wanting to cover the Easy Motion battery logos. I ordered some gloss white vinyl wrap (1' x 5'). I'll let you know how it works out on my EVO Street.
Sounds like a good idea. If it turns out please post a picture.

I'm still waiting for the vinyl wrap to arrive. I purchased some from ebay and the seller had to re-send since my order never arrived. We're talking a piece that is 12" x 50". All the way from California. :cool:

Wow @mamerc that's a professional looking stripe you added!

I finally got the white vinyl I ordered. I knew it would not be a match to the white color of the of the bike but I just want to cover up the E-motion logo on the battery. Here's my very UNprofessional application of the vinyl. I wasn't trying to get fancy, just wanted to try it out. The vinyl is photographing a bit blue and it's really not blue in tone at all.

white vinyl.jpg

Taped off battery right up to the "Easy Motion" logo, Tried NOT to follow a straight line due to existing graphics. Sprayed using black Plastidip, (very light coat, wait 20 minutes then final coat), when masking, pull tape off when PD is still wet, next day, trimmed it with white double strip pin stripe tape, cool effect on line dual line overlap too (2 inch tape overlap tucks under battery) ..and its all removable!...by the way, the battery on my profile is my wifes Jet battery.
PlastiDip Walmart $5.99 PinStripe Tape $5.99 Auto Zone. total time=1 hour, pinstriped on day 2
Would like to cover the lower neo with a BH decal but those are hard to find

http://www.amazon.com/Performix-11203-Multi-Purpose-Coating-Aerosol/dp/B0006SU3QW
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=automotive&field-keywords=white+pin+stripe+tape&rh=n:15684181,k:white+pin+stripe+tape

Last edited:
Plastidip. Brilliant! Was wondering how you got it so smooth. The spray answers that question.

Maybe I'll try that in the future. For now I'll use my current solution (vinyl wrap).

Great job Mamerc! Looks very nice.

You can get these products at Lowes or Home Depot as well.

Sorry for reviving an old thread ....

I think I will try replacing the ghetto gaffer tape I'm using (see photo) with black Plasti-Dip. My question to @mamerc is ... "How durable is the Plasti-Dip?" Would the Velcro straps of my Spare Battery Carrier shred and peel the Plasti-Dip?

NeoVoltBatteryBag.jpg

Thanks for sharing your experience!

its still holding... I peeled my wifes off in 10 seconds, really is pretty good and at less than 6 bucks at WallyWorld
20160701_183912.jpg

Thanks @mamerc .... I bought some Plasti-dip at HomeDepot Canada $23. :confused:

YouTubes show "Fonzie" applying minimum 4 coats!! Is that really necessary? Did you get a noticeable bump edge at the masking? Is that why you added the pinstripe trim?

I even have a 2001 Mercedes ML320 with peeling clear coat on the hood, masked it off, wet sand with some drywall sand paper, and hit it with a can of PD, no more than 5 minutes TOTAL! Its a truck and it looks a lot better than it did......only need 1 layer, if you masking, take the tape off while the paint is wet.....I used pinstripe tape afterwards. If you don't like the way it looks...peel it off....NOTE: DONT SAND THE BIKE AS ITS VINYL!

Here is the PLASTI-DIP photo .... It actually works really well despite the mismatch in appearance. The original factory finish is a very glossy clear coat. The Plasti-Dip, even with Glossifier, cannot mimic the glossy clear coat. But given the "removability" and already mismatched custom spare battery bag, I'm happy with how it all turned out ... Much better than the "ghetto gaffer tape".

My only (small) concern is whether or not the added rubber layer of Plasti-Dip might affect the heat retention of the battery. I may keep a small fan blowing on it during charging.

NeoVoltPlastiDip.jpg

Back