removable display?

James129

Hi,

Has any done any kind of mounting modifications to their BBS02 display?

I've got a newly installed kit and because I leave the bike parked outside at work I have purposely not attached the display and buttons to the handle bars. Instead I have the display and buttons just zipped up in a bike bag attached to the center of the handlebars. When I get to work I disconnect the buttons and take the display, buttons and battery into the office.

The problem with this, its hard to read the display with riding (driving ;-)). Its not too convenient to change assist modes when the buttons are just hanging from a bag. AND most importantly it looks a bit half finished.

Some wondering if anyone has made up some modification to make their displays quick release..... or anything they can share.

Cheers
/james
750w BBS02 16mosfets + 48v 14ah lithium.
avid bb7
avid juicy levers

I leave the bike parked outside at work

That is the main problem, could you not get it inside somewhere safer?
It`s going to be some hassle disconnecting and connecting the display and buttons every day.

`750w BBS02 16mosfets + 48v 14ah lithium.`

btw, 16 fet controller? Did you buy off that guy on Ebay?

hi,
yeah theft is the main concern, even without the battery mounted the display makes the bike look like its worth trying to steal.

Yeah, I bought off ebay, this guy 'apar_ebikes'.

I didnt really have a choice, I live in sweden and couldnt find a LBS selling ebike kits like this. It was either ebay from the states or ebay from China which was going to take way to long to ship. Was happy with it all, went smooth and he was always quick to reply etc.

I got the extra mosfets after readying about issues with the default setup. I have two short but really steep hill on my way to work and want to be sure I could ride em without worry. didnt want to have to get replacement parts and wait for postage etcetc.

I'm going to toy around with the display somewhat. think I can make some sort of backboard with two clips so as to clip over the round of the handle bars.

/james
750w BBS02 16mosfets + 48v 14ah lithium.
avid bb7
avid juicy levers

James there has been a lot of info that disputes there is a 16 MOSFET BBSO2, but as long as you have a newer BBSO2 all should be good

Sorry James but you've been had, there is no 16 mosfet BBS02, in fact, it's not even possible to fit 16.

And, for future reference, you can order BBS02 kits from Finn.no in Norway. With battery, about 11,000 NOK
http://m.finn.no
I'd be surprised if there aren't similar sellers in Sweden.

Reactions: sal
Cool, nice link, I hammered all the .se online shops shame I missed this. Seems like the .no version of blocket

Well the idea of getting more mosfet was the hope they werent the originals that came with the unit....wasnt wanting it to burnt out on the hills. So far so good, if I ever have to pull it apart I will be sure to have a good look around.

Edited signature, hehe

Cool, nice link, I hammered all the .se online shops shame I missed this. Seems like the .no version of blocket

Well the idea of getting more mosfet was the hope they werent the originals that came with the unit....wasnt wanting it to burnt out on the hills. So far so good, if I ever have to pull it apart I will be sure to have a good look around.

Edited signature, hehe
The newer BBS revision manufactured from about June onwards should have new improved mosfets that will help with the overloaded controller issues that have been reported recently - according to Em3ev. I'm not sure if that Finn link has the latest but they've told a Norwegian guy I've talked to elsewhere that it's possible to buy upgraded controllers from them later if necessary - I've changed the controller on my BBs02 and it's a fairly simple operation.

I've changed the controller on my BBs02 and it's a fairly simple operation.

Interesting, "fairly simple", sounds like I have a new project to undertake.

I never really want to try and replace the mosfets, hence I went for the ads which promoted better mosfet. but if the controller is a unit you just pull off and replace I might want to give it a go. Do you have any links I can read on changing the controller?

I'm gonna reach out to the ebay guy too, find out what he has to say for himself.

Probably not going to change my situation since the bikes complete and up and running, plus return postage would probably equal a new controller purchase.

Interesting, "fairly simple", sounds like I have a new project to undertake.

I never really want to try and replace the mosfets, hence I went for the ads which promoted better mosfet. but if the controller is a unit you just pull off and replace I might want to give it a go. Do you have any links I can read on changing the controller?

I'm gonna reach out to the ebay guy too, find out what he has to say for himself.

Probably not going to change my situation since the bikes complete and up and running, plus return postage would probably equal a new controller purchase.

No, I don't have a link but I guess there's something out there somewhere though you don't really need on it's that trivial - you just take off the right crank, plastic cover (3 screws I think), and then the controller section of the BBS is held on by 3 more (I think) screws which lets it slide out. There are 4 connectors (as far as I remember) in there that you have to unplug.

You can do it in 10 minutes. I took a little longer as there was so much silicon sealing in there it had glued together one of the connectors - I had to cut the silicon to get the connector unplugged. Before I screwed the controller back in, I spread some liquid tape over the connectors to make sure they were water tight - probably not needed to be honest.

James, I wouldn`t be too concerned with the motor, if you`ve just bought it it`s sure to be one of the latest type.
Anyway, if you have it on the bike already put your head right underneath and you should see the serial number on the base of the motor, check it starts with 15.

BTW, to put together a removable display would be possible
James, I wouldn`t be too concerned with the motor, if you`ve just bought it it`s sure to be one of the latest type.
Anyway, if you have it on the bike already put your head right underneath and you should see the serial number on the base of the motor, check it starts with 15.
I'd not be so sure if it was sold by the "16 Mosfet" ebay guy.

That wouldn`t surprise me at all, lol!

Had another look at his advert there, here`s a good bit
"
48V 750W BBS02 Bafang Mid-drive ---New 2015 Version 16 Mosfet 1400 watt Max.

MAX Speed 32 MPH. (Others are selling the regular 9 Mosfett 1100 watt

version and we have that for $80 cheaper if you need it).

So really he`s charging you an extra 80 just for telling you its a 16fet item !!

That wouldn`t surprise me at all, lol!

Had another look at his advert there, here`s a good bit
"
48V 750W BBS02 Bafang Mid-drive ---New 2015 Version 16 Mosfet 1400 watt Max.

MAX Speed 32 MPH. (Others are selling the regular 9 Mosfett 1100 watt

version and we have that for $80 cheaper if you need it).

So really he`s charging you an extra 80 just for telling you its a 16fet item !!
Yes, it's probably old, original BBS02 stock with the 6 mosfet design. ;)

That link above takes me to hotmail and asks me to login....

I am planning on doing some 'diplomatic' enquires also, depending on what the outcome is I should do something with ebay and Amazon to try and stop these false ads.

Checked the serial number on the motor, it starts with a 15....thats good news right?

Hello. I understand this is an old thread. Hope you can help. As far as I can tell, the problem still exists of needing a removable display. Are you aware of any, if not how could you make one? Thanks for any input.

Back