Remote eBike diagnostics becomes reality

ricko

Meet FlexiHub — a software tool that makes electric bike remote support possible. Thanks to the proprietary data redirection technology, FlexiHub enables access to the remote USB and serial devices over the network.

The idea is that if the electric parts malfunction, the owner of the ebike does not have to transport it to the workshop for diagnostics or firmware updates since the technician will be able to access it remotely. This usage scenario is covered in more detail in this article.

The e-bicycle community will greatly benefit if such solutions as FlexiHub become widely used in everyday maintenance routine, and it deserves to be known of.

Please share your opinion in the comments below.

This is a really great new tool! In many areas, there is no service available and do it yourself is a necessity.

FlexiHub will help the newbie better translate problems to an expert somewhere else and help diagnose the problem more quickly. It's a good idea to become familiar with you E-bike and perform regular maintenance. This way you will see what things should look like when the bike is running properly and easily spot problems before they become a major problem.

Hopefully, they come up with a standard platform that can be used with many different bikes and not a fragmented system that requires different software tools for each bike. This information could be tied into a central database for manufacturers to see problem trends with their bikes and consumers will have a great resource to help solve their electric bike issues.

This was one of the features that sold me on the Stromer ST2 that's being delivered to me this week. I live in a pretty remote area, and the ability to diagnose problems before I even take in to the shop to be worked on is awesome. I can do the "bike" stuff myself. It's the "e" part that is out of my league.

Back