Regarding mountain bike disc brake caliper can use for 20 inch wheel?

ebikebeginner

Hi, I hope someone can help me, to answer this question. Can mountain bike disc brake caliper can use for 20 inch wheel? or any disc brake caliper can use on 20 inch wheel?
below is my old disc brake caliper. Your help will be very much appreciated. Thanks you.

Attachments

• 20200129_175947.jpg
    20200129_175947.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 600
•The brake caliper mounts onto the frame (rear) or the fork (front).

•The brake rotor mounts onto the wheel.

If the bike frame and fork are designed for disc brakes, you can mount the calipers. There are a variety of spacers and adapters for mounting calipers. You need the correct hardware for your bike/caliper combination and the size of the rotor that mounts onto the wheel.

As for the brake rotor, the wheel hub has to be designed for disc brakes and it has to match the brake rotor you intend to use.

Information:

You might get specific help if you provide bike and brake brands and model numbers.

I've bought calipers to convert bikes that had rim brakes but had the lugs for calipers. Buy a good name brand that has good adjustability and easy-to-find replacement pads. I've been using Avid BBS7 calipers for my conversions.

The wheel diameter is not that important. Rotors come in a standard size, 160mm, 180mm, 203mm, and I believe the same calipets fit them all, but they will use adapters to fit them to the larger rotors.

Last edited:
Back