Reflective Vinyl Wrap: Colour Matching a Battery

Amanda

Does anybody know if using an automotive grade vinyl wrap on a downtube battery to make it better colour match will impact how the battery functions and/or will impact warranty.

I'm considering using this kind of modification to a surface 604 rook on a white model so the black battery doesn't stand out like a sore thumb.

I thought if I used reflective wrap it would double as a safety this too :)

This is the kind of wrap I was thinking of using on he exposed battery of he bike I wanna buy :)

(Except white reflective)

Does anybody know if using an automotive grade vinyl wrap on a downtube battery to make it better colour match will impact how the battery functions and/or will impact warranty.

I'm considering using this kind of modification to a surface 604 rook on a white model so the black battery doesn't stand out like a sore thumb.

I thought if I used reflective wrap it would double as a safety this too :)

You might want to visit www.gatorwraps.com, you can request for a quote plus they have a lot of vinyl wraps with lots of colors to choose from.

Thought about wrapping vinyl around my battery for the same reason. Opted for spray painting it white. Taped over the openings and connector. Couple of light coats & now it looks custom for the bike's white frame. :)

Whoohoo! Excellent. I figured the hairdryer method wouldn't harm he battery but I'd get a sleeker more stealthy look.

#surface604 should think about that for the next one!

Back