Reevo E-Bike coming soon!

Altaman

This looks like a very interesting bike, in fact it would make an excellent Christmas gift for the little lady!

1600458916769.png

There have been a number of hubless bikes and motorcycles over the years. The Zero Bike from 1988 may have been the first.

a592ae161af957d5b407a593bdb556f2.jpg

The problem is the extremely tight manufacturing tolerances makes it very expensive and nearly impossible to repair by the average shop or owner.

There have been a number of hubless bikes and motorcycles over the years. The Zero Bike from 1988 may have been the first.

View attachment 66552

The problem is the extremely tight manufacturing tolerances makes it very expensive and nearly impossible to repair by the average shop or owner.
From the link I posted:

“Reevo says pre-orders (which open next month) will cost $1,899. Once those are sold out, the price leaps 43% to $3,349.”

From the link I posted:

“Reevo says pre-orders (which open next month) will cost $1,899. Once those are sold out, the price leaps 43% to $3,349.”
I'm sure there is a factory in China willing to build it. Makes me think of all the orphan products over the years, where owners have been abandoned. I would want to see a design be adopted by more than one startup before I bought in. The spoked wheel and diamond frame have been around for 150 years. People try to reinvent the wheel, but the tried and true are still going strong.

I might be a little gun shy though. Myself and many others on this forum backed a revolutionary ebike nearly 6 years ago. The big idea was the battery pack that could be serviced easily by the end user. The designer was none other than Neal Saiki, the founder of Zero Motorcycles, the electric motorcycle company. The project went south when Neal pulled out. We got our money back, fortunately. Lucky escape. The revolutionary battery pack has never been produced. In this area I'll leave the beta testing to others and I'll take advantage of the evolution.

Nope, not interested. How would you get any service on that?
It's even got an integrated "BREAK" light! 🤣

My problem with hubless bikes is what problem are you solving?
Just getting rid of spokes and hub for a host of other moving, friction inducing parts?
I'm kind of at a loss to see the advantage?

Back