Reention - Dorado Battery parts?

Swinada

Region
Canada
Hello thanks for letting me join this forum. We have a couple RAD city step through bikes and they have been pretty trouble free so far. The reason why I signed up for this forum is because I'm trying to find a part for a battery for a friends bike. She bought a Sparkbike a couple years ago and is already on battery number 3. The first battery was replaced under warranty the second one they would not replace anymore so she had to buy a new one (number 3) to the tune of about 700 Canadian dollars.
She brought me battery #2 to look at. I'm not really impressed with what i found in there. (a big mess of Silicon) It looks like water has entered the battery through the USB port even though she never uses her USB port but we do live on the WetCoast. It is a 48V 17AH battery made by Reention - Dorado. Battery voltage when measured at the fuse is 54V which would indicate the battery cells are still good. The little circuit board that holds the LED's to show state of charge however does not look to good and does not light up anymore when the button is pushed even though it has power. I'm trying to find that board but come up with nothing beside a Chinese PDF file which does not lead anywhere.
Does anyone here know where i could get this part or a similar one that would work.
1846 48V DIS0015 is all that is printed on it.

Attachments

• 20210224_110812.jpg
    20210224_110812.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 1,626
  • 20210224_110839.jpg
    20210224_110839.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 896
  • 20210224_094950.jpg
    20210224_094950.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 882
Hello thanks for letting me join this forum. We have a couple RAD city step through bikes and they have been pretty trouble free so far. The reason why I signed up for this forum is because I'm trying to find a part for a battery for a friends bike. She bought a Sparkbike a couple years ago and is already on battery number 3. The first battery was replaced under warranty the second one they would not replace anymore so she had to buy a new one (number 3) to the tune of about 700 Canadian dollars.
She brought me battery #2 to look at. I'm not really impressed with what i found in there. (a big mess of Silicon) It looks like water has entered the battery through the USB port even though she never uses her USB port but we do live on the WetCoast. It is a 48V 17AH battery made by Reention - Dorado. Battery voltage when measured at the fuse is 54V which would indicate the battery cells are still good. The little circuit board that holds the LED's to show state of charge however does not look to good and does not light up anymore when the button is pushed even though it has power. I'm trying to find that board but come up with nothing beside a Chinese PDF file which does not lead anywhere.
Does anyone here know where i could get this part or a similar one that would work.
1846 48V DIS0015 is all that is printed on it.
That's the same LG M36 cell 17Ah battery I have on my Spark City bike. I sprayed ACF-50 all inside mine and turned it over and over and let the excess ACF-50 run out. No rust no water worry - that is what I hope for with that shot in the dark. Now about 5400km in.
The little rubber stoppers over the ports are there to fiddle with. I do get mine to work if I remember.
It looks like at least some FETs are burned out there on her board.
Good luck on your search for a board. Let us know please!

UPP has a presence on many eBike forums. SAdly they sell poor quality batteries unless you set the standard you want. Richie is horrible when you have a problem. We sold dozens of their builds and ate thousands of dollars honoring warranties.

really?.... you think they learned or is the quality the same... ?..... thoughts.? so far the last 6 months have been solid units
Buyers need to request nickel, not nickel steel connections, an advanced BMS with a balance function, and a pack with cell separations, not cells glued together. And use brand name cells, not the Generic Chinese 18650 cells.

I have a glued pack from them and it served me well. I just have an attitude after watching a shop lose profits covering failures UPP refused to warranty.

well i heard back from Rechie but even though he says he wants to help me he can not.

Thank you for your email and i am glad to help you.
Sorry we can't provide this BMS, maybe you can check on the Alibaba or other platform which mainly sold the BMS.
Or you can contact the supplier who sold this battery to you, maybe they can provide the BMS for you.

If anyone has any input with what I could replace this with, it would be greatly appreciated. I searched high and low and can not find this particular board.

17AH battery made by Reention - Dorado.
Reention is a case maker. Not a battery builder.
Many sellers avoid one-off BMS customers. It's pretty easy to screw up a BMS and short it out. Static mats and gloves are essential IME.
If anyone has any input with what I could replace this with,
If you use Facebook there are good battery building and repair groups.
I'd eliminate those damn USB charge ports.

Great thread
I got a "Hailong" 52v 17.5 70 cell 14s unit used as non working for salvage. As I understand it Hailong is just a style, not mfg.
Many styles and bases on the market.
Mine was BafangUSAdirect labeled and had a BMS with an internal short (P- to mosfet) due to bad factory soldering. :-(
Found that the 70 cell case ( DP-6?) needs a very thin BMS or case will not fit. Hard to find or spec.
Heat sinks , wires and standoffs may make case no longer fit together after repair.
I may have to go to a 96 cell case or fab an extention to enlarge the case.
I can understand sellers reluctance to sell BMS replacements to those with unknown skills.
Replacement is not difficult , but needs care, as Tom says.

PS: they sell rain covers for the cases

Thanks for reporting back here. I would like to have a smart battery system and I'm not even sure I have a balancing system as it is now. Maybe that company in China...whassis name...EM3ev could help you. https://em3ev.com/product-category/ebike-battery-parts/
Just a thought in the dark. :)
Paul won’t sell a BMS. We learned that unfamiliar DIY customers tend to improperly handle and short out their replacement. Then claim warranty replacement.

The Jumbo / Whale top would fit with some attention to keeping the battery secure.
The BUD BMS is 5-7mm thick fits between cell supports. The Vruzen with wires and heat sink needs almost 25mm.more to fit.
Called 9mm thick , but has power wires that need at least 5 mm and a thick nest of balance wires and need to cushion and wrap.
I'm not real impressed with the water bottle mounting. It looks very good, but hard to secure.
I'll try some elastic bands or maybe the Grin bob mounts, but water bottle welded riv-nuts are not inspiring for a big load on rough asphalt,
and the OP was having failures where shock wasn't helping and alternative BMS may give problems with fit and shock protection.

just to add to this, I bought a bike with a 36v Dorado from around 2018 that would not charge (red light would soon flash red/green alternating) or show any output voltage but on dismantling I can see 40v at the batteries when tested directly. I tried a BMS reset but no luck. On looking at the main input port on the BMS I could see corrosion and trauma on one connector and also looking at circuit board i'm pretty certain that at least one minute item is burnt out.
I would repair this if I could find a whole replacement board but no luck so far.

just to add to this, I bought a bike with a 36v Dorado from around 2018 that would not charge (red light would soon flash red/green alternating) or show any output voltage but on dismantling I can see 40v at the batteries when tested directly. I tried a BMS reset but no luck. On looking at the main input port on the BMS I could see corrosion and trauma on one connector and also looking at circuit board i'm pretty certain that at least one minute item is burnt out.
I would repair this if I could find a whole replacement board but no luck so far.
I may have a 10s board, but I’ve always been reticent to sell BMS after several sales were reported to PayPal as non functional. I lost to much money to continue. New BMS can be easily shorted out by static and amatyer repairers. Send me mm measurements. They’re actually quite inexpensive at wholesale. Since I’m closing out all my battery building repairs cost I’ll sell for $10 NONREFUNDABLE and priority mail cost. Picture are good too. tomjaszMYPANTSgmail.com
Remove my pants!

you think they learned or is the quality the same... ?..
It’s us the consumers without sufficient knowledge of best practices and being hypnotized by unrealistic price expectations. Buy cheap to be rewarded with lower tier components and cells. Despite my frustration I bought a new UPP battery providing UPP with build standards and expectations. It’s decent, but there are better. (I didn’t want to ge called out for experience a few years ago) as a support person I invested a fair amount in products I personally migh not own, but am firmly of the opinion that no amount of Googling matches hands on experience.
The clear stated expectations yeilded a build that is safe and nearly meets its claimed performance. Factory direct battery makers are typucally over rating the specifications. So far @Jenny Mao is accurate with clean safe builds. my former shop has sold a significant number to satisfied kit builders and OEM replacements, I’ve been using my 36v 21700 20AH charged to 80% with excellent mileage.

he steps off the soap box...

I may have a 10s board, but I’ve always been reticent to sell BMS after several sales were reported to PayPal as non functional. I lost to much money to continue. New BMS can be easily shorted out by static and amatyer repairers. Send me mm measurements. They’re actually quite inexpensive at wholesale. Since I’m closing out all my battery building repairs cost I’ll sell for $10 NONREFUNDABLE and priority mail cost. Picture are good too. tomjaszMYPANTSgmail.com
Remove my pants!
Thanks, i've found them all online now, but looks like this is a "4s" so I guess that the BMS required must be specific for this, the main plug has 10 wires only

I’m confused? 4s? Is 14v!

I'm still on the learning curve, the battery is in 5 groups of 10 cells, (I thought it was 4!). This is the very board I need to replace.

Attachments

• IMG_E3335.JPG
    IMG_E3335.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_3419 (2).JPG
    IMG_3419 (2).JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_3417.JPG
    IMG_3417.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_E3418.JPG
    IMG_E3418.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 355
10s (10 in Series) 5p (5 Parallel) 36v (fully charged 42v)

Found on a Polish site. @Stefan Mikes can perhaps help translate. Price is crazy low a couple of £. $3.49!

have you contacted Greeway? I did get the hits Googling Greenway LP005
Thanks for trying Tom but did you see the aftermarket soldering on that board? - I won't be taking a chance on that Polish one. I did find one new but the price was too high. Looking at the range of new aftermarket boards available, I think that that is my best route but will need to learn/will need help working out which ones are compatible. It doesn't matter if I can't preserve all the functions of the original like the "charge" indicator etc.

Back