recommendations for an inexpensive repair stand

DDBB

I'd like to buy a stand to be able to work on my bike but have already spent a ton of money on two e-bikes and accessories. Can someone recommend a stand that will be o.k. for a 55 lb. bike that is of reasonable quality?

I'd like to buy a stand to be able to work on my bike but have already spent a ton of money on two e-bikes and accessories. Can someone recommend a stand that will be o.k. for a 55 lb. bike that is of reasonable quality?

I bought 2 from my local Aldi supermarket on clearance (Bikemate) that were really cheap and work well. They are usually available at the start of biking season. I know bad timing. :rolleyes:
However, this one is exactly like it, but more expensive than the Bikemate but still a good value IMO. Good Luck!

If it says Park Tools on it, it's probably over my budget. :)... I'll buy a cheap one, wait until it breaks and then buy a good one. :).... I appreciate the responses. Seems there are a lot of cheap ones out there which might be o.k. for occasional use but I hate to end up doing what I just said would happen.

Mine is made by Performance and sold by Amazon. I will hold my Rad Mini or my wife's Liberty Trike. It was under $100.

Just a thought for a quick solution. A rope over a rafters in garage works for me in a pinch. Also someone mention once they used a old bike rack like below and work on it on car or made a little wood holder and use it in garage or shed. I know not the best but for us that have extra bike rack that can not be used anymore because of bike weight it works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181205-212317.png
    Screenshot_20181205-212317.png
    200.8 KB · Views: 484
Xtools folding bike workstand, about $50, free shipping. Sold under lots of different brands, fairly good reviews. Sold at Chain Reaction Cycles in the UK.

Bought this one in September last year and have had no problems putting my 40 pounder on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Bikehand-Mec...TF8&qid=1544453865&sr=8-3&keywords=bike+stand

Plenty of reviews and a couple of videos showing the procedure of setting it up. Enjoy

This is a nice durable but lightweight stand. The product description reads that the limit is 55.1 lbs per the Amazon questions and answer section.
One of my favorites to stow away when not in use or to bring along as a portable work stand.

I ended up buying a "why pay more?" brand for 50 bucks on amazon.. Plastic clamp and four "feet" instead of two but it seems to work just fine and I'm no mechanic so it won't be used very often. I wanted something so I could remove the wheels w/o flipping the bike upside down and risking damage to the button box controller on the handlebar.. I've put a pillow under it before but didn't like it, not very stable and awkward to work on. I can see this plastic clamp breaking at some point but it should last awhile.

Here's a pic of the new stand.. I'm actually very happy with it!

Attachments

• 20181211_204948.jpg
    20181211_204948.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 658
  • 20181211_210343.jpg
    20181211_210343.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 722
Here's a pic of the new stand.. I'm actually very happy with it!

Very similar to the rack I have, that does the job for all of my bikes. I also see you have an extended stem on your bike for a more comfortable 'upright' riding position. I was able to achieve that with an adjustable as well. Keeps the back straight and the level of riding comfort increases. Thanks for sharing.

I bought 2 from my local Aldi supermarket on clearance (Bikemate) that were really cheap and work well. They are usually available at the start of biking season. I know bad timing. :rolleyes:
However, this one is exactly like it, but more expensive than the Bikemate but still a good value IMO. Good Luck!

I bought the same aldi bike stand for $20 and it's heavy duty. Works well to hold an ebike.

Very similar to the rack I have, that does the job for all of my bikes. I also see you have an extended stem on your bike for a more comfortable 'upright' riding position. I was able to achieve that with an adjustable as well. Keeps the back straight and the level of riding comfort increases. Thanks for sharing.
The 2" stem riser makes all the difference in the world. The XLC seat and suspension seatpost are also great improvements

Inexpensive stands suck. All of them. None were designed for 50-75 lb bikes. Ebike stands worth a turd are 2k. I have a park tools model 9 stand but lifting a 65 lb bike and getting itbinto the stand for and old fart means another helper. This is the year of the power lift.

Back