Recommendation for a Riese and Muller?

Yes that is interesting that your Nevo came with an air fork ( which one ? ) and Thudbuster St. If mine had those I would still be riding it. It had a very pleasant upright riding position and was otherwise an excellent bike that felt solid as a rock. Mine was a 2018. What year is yours? Yes indeed about the tires. My Nevo also had narrower tires than the Charger. The Charger came with 2.4" tires. As I recall my Nevo had the narrower 50mm Big Ben tires. What size tires does your Nevo have? So come to think of it yes I take your point that I cannot blame the poor handling performance on stony trails on the NCX fork solely, but rather on the combination of NCX spring fork and narrower 50 mm Big Ben tires vs Aion air fork with Super Moto X 2.4".

Makes sense as my 2019 Nevo (Rohloff GX HS) came stock with 2.4” tires, Thudbuster ST and a Suntour xcr 32 air fork with 70mm travel.

A few suggestions from a Homage owner//rider

Get your Homage equipped with the intuvia display. The Kiox is not fully developed and comes with a proprietary stem. I suspect you will want to put an adjustable angle stem on your bike. This will help adjust the arm position and body position. I installed a Ergotec Swell Ahead
View attachment 40799

I use the same handlebar bag suggested by David Berry as well as the Topeak TT9635B MTX DXP TrunkBag with Expandable Panniers & Top this makes a great all purpose, everyday bag. You will want full larger panniers for longer duration, multi day expeditions. Orlieb make a good range of panniers of various sizes.

I would avoid the dropper post as it will leave less room for proper positioning for a shorter person. With the step through that is less needed as you can mount/dismount without having to throw your leg over the saddle.

Here is an earlier thread I started on the modification I have done to my Homage. Many of these would not be needed or appropriate for you but some might be of interest

Here is another thread I started on putting a dual bottle cage mount on a Homage or Nevo. This does require stem replacement as the Homage fixed stem does not have a traditional cap.

I also put custom real wood fenders on my bike. They are not necesarry but they are more stable and more quiet than the plastic ones and have a certain aesthetic appeal, at least to me.

The photo below shows my bike with a Racktime wire basket in the back that I use to fetch goodies at our farmer's market.

View attachment 40800
That looks like a fine set-up. Where’d you find those lovely fenders?

Back