Rearview mirror standard on ST2 -bikes ? If not, any mirrror to reccomend ?

I ride with a helmet mounted mirror and added a left side anti glare handle bar end mounted mirror. Seem to work well for awhile but felt like I always missed what was behind me on right hand side. I wanted something sleeker vs huge mirrors so tried out the Topeka bar n mirror. I had to move the ergon grips in a bit to mount them on each side. They are relatively narrow but once you get used to them they give you enough visibility to see what’s behind you. May not work for everyone because of the narrow range of view . I do like the fact that they fold up flush and look like traditional end bar grip bars to prevent any knocking or catching on bikes that are locked next to mine at work.

This is a great supper adjustable mirror.
ya I have them on all my bikes except one. They're a no brainer for $12 on ebay. even broke a mirror and those are only $6 on ebay. I did install a smaller cateye RM-45 on a bike i'm trying to keep minimalist, due to its small size. But for all other e-bikes, the mirrycle is a good buy. I commute daily without issue.

I bought a cheap Venzo mirror with a stainless steel reflector from Amazon.com. It works well enough to see whether there is anything behind me. I always turn my head to get a better gauge of distance, but it works well enough. The position makes it easy to glance without moving my head, and being as tucked away as it is, it don’t bang it on doors like I did with the bar-end mounted one I originally had. A more expensive version uses a glass mirror rather than polished stainless steel. I’m sure the image is clearer, but I expect is is more fragile as well.

Stromers come with fun, but not mirrors. In this forum's search box, you can type "mirror" and get a few hits for what mirrors people like. Here is what I posted in one thread last month:

I started with a Busch & Müller 701 Mirror for E-Bikes 913701VLME, which is a great mirror. I switched to an Ergotec M-99 mirror from Humpert, part number 65174, which requires a bar end adapter, part number 65178. Made in Germany, the Ergotec is not yet distributed in the US. I bought mine online from xxcycle.com, an excellent French retailer. They were euros 21,58 and 7,92, respectively, plus shipping. The advantage of the Ergotec over the B&M is that the mirror sits higher in your peripheral vision just like the old Rhode Gear hood mounted mirror that they stopped selling years ago. The Humpert Ergotec M-99 is larger than the M-88. Finding a seller who ships to the U.S. will be the challenge. I had to email xxcycle.com with my request, since at the time their website showed only the M-88, and I think that is the case now, although for a time they displayed the M-99 . With either the M-99 or 88, you will need to order the bar end adapter. The mirror fits either the left side or right side. See http://www.ergotec.de/produkte/spiegel/sub/ruckspiegel/produkt/m-99.html

Is this bar-end adapter a required purchase for the M-99, or only if you want to mount the mirror at the bar ends?

Can you mount this mirror inwards on the handlebar, or only at the ends of the bar? There looks like a clamp on the end of the mirror, not sure if that can be used to mount it anywhere on the handlebar

The Ergotec M-99 is designed for bar end mounting with the adapter, but if the handlebar diameter fits the diameter of the mirror clamp (which is 22.2mm), then on some handlebars it may be possible to move the handlebar grip and brake lever mount over 13mm to mount the mirror directly on the handlebar without the adapter. I do not know if this works on Stromers as I mounted mine with the adapter. Rose Bikes in Germany sells the mirror and the adaptor. Ergotec makes other mirrors that can be clamped inwards on the handlebar, but not the M-99. The M-99 is for mounting at the end of the bar and is ideal for ebikes. You can find other manufacturers selling the same style of mirror for motorcycles.

The Ergotec M-99 is designed for bar end mounting with the adapter, but if the handlebar diameter fits the diameter of the mirror clamp (which is 22.2mm), then on some handlebars it may be possible to move the handlebar grip and brake lever mount over 13mm to mount the mirror directly on the handlebar without the adapter. I do not know if this works on Stromers as I mounted mine with the adapter. Rose Bikes in Germany sells the mirror and the adaptor. Ergotec makes other mirrors that can be clamped inwards on the handlebar, but not the M-99. The M-99 is for mounting at the end of the bar and is ideal for ebikes. You can find other manufacturers selling the same style of mirror for motorcycles.

Thank you very much.

I want a mirror that can he clamped inward on the handlebar. Which is the Ergotec that can be mounted inwards?

I was going to order the Hafny on amazon, but this ergotec brand looks like much better value.

Go to Ergotec.de The products you want to look at are: M77-L, M88-L, M99-L, M55-L and M66-L. They look more like a conventional motorcycle mirror than the Hafny.

I want a mirror that can he clamped inward on the handlebar. Which is the Ergotec that can be mounted inwards?

1582476948007.png

I prefer the Mirrycle as seen on the ST2s. The reason is simple: If I indicate with my left arm a turn to the left, my hand has no obstacle to overcome. This improved my driving safety.

My handlebars have the diameter of 22.2mm. If the Ergotec M-99 clamp is also this diameter, can I mount the M-99 mirror on the inside of the grips?

I'm not understanding why the M-99 won't work on the inside of the bars.

Also, is there any swivel/rotating feature on the M-99? I have the Jones H-bars with 45 degree backsweep, not sure if the M99 would work.

Thank you.

Back