Rear Rack installation for RadRover

@sakau2007 Do you have a 2015 or 2016 Radrover? My 2016 had mounting locations on the frame above the brake caliper. See avatar pic for reference.

@sakau2007 Do you have a 2015 or 2016 Radrover? My 2016 had mounting locations on the frame above the brake caliper. See avatar pic for reference.

Just bought it a couple weeks ago so I am assuming 2016. And yes, there are mounting holes above the brake caliper on each side on my bike... but the rack still doesn't appear to fit.

I can't make out anything from your avatar because the picture is so small and not zoomed in on the part that I need to see.

@sakau2007 Sorry about that. My rear rack and bag are Topeak. Here are four pictures which should be better:

100_3731.JPG
100_3732.JPG
100_3733.JPG
100_3735.JPG

I have this same rack and ended up using the threaded holes on the rear dropout to mount the rack. This allows for the rack to mounted as low as possible to keep the center of gravity down. I took out the top screw holding the derailleur guard and used that hole on the right and used an existing hole on the left.

Edit: Looking closer I'm using a different Topeak rack, the Uni Super Tourist Fat Disk.

Last edited:
So i just bought my own radrover and the ibera rack. (they haven't shipped yet) however im trying to find some waterproof bags i can put on them. i don't want to put some waterproof cover on it everytime im done riding. any ideas of what would work? i was looking at this from ibera themselves (http://www.ibera.info/products_detail.php?cID=1&Key=116) it's the only waterproof bag they have. however i cant seem to find where to buy it. i don't think they sell it to the US for some reason. also i have a feeling it's a bit pricey. so what are you guys using and what other bags work with this rack?

My RadRover has a Topeak Super Tourist for Disc Brake Bikes (there's a fat tire version too that probably fits better)
My RadMini has a Ibera PakRak IB-RA5.
  • I find the bottom of the RA5 is too high for the bottom clips of my panniers so I don't use them, but it doesn't feel as secure.

I have a set of Vaude water proof panniers, which is just empty inside, looks like a giant drybag with one side with pannier hooks, it looks sorta like this (mine are ancient but not very used):
I mostly use my Jannd Commuter pannier, which converts from a pannier to a 'briefcase' and a Timbuk2 Noe.

Since I got back into cycling, I've been roaming around the internet bike forums (reddit, etc) and a lot of people swear by Ortlieb waterproof panniers if you need a starting point.

Sang

So this is for the people who are using the Ibera PakRak IB-RA5 on their radrover 2016 - how did you guys manage to fit the bottom supports to the eyelets near the brakes ? The metal standoffs which come with the kit are too wide and I had to use a lot of force to coerce the rack to sit on it - I finally gave up because I don't want to damage the bike frame or the rack.

So this is for the people who are using the Ibera PakRak IB-RA5 on their radrover 2016 - how did you guys manage to fit the bottom supports to the eyelets near the brakes ? The metal standoffs which come with the kit are too wide and I had to use a lot of force to coerce the rack to sit on it - I finally gave up because I don't want to damage the bike frame or the rack.
I don't remember it being that hard to fit. The only thing I remember was the screws were tight at the eyelets near the seat. Here's how mine looks, IB-RA5 on my 2016:
2016-09-02 20.17.33.jpg 2016-09-02 20.18.01.jpg 2016-09-02 20.22.10.jpg

I don't remember it being that hard to fit. The only thing I remember was the screws were tight at the eyelets near the seat. Here's how mine looks, IB-RA5 on my 2016:
View attachment 9686 View attachment 9689 View attachment 9692

Hmm - nope - I tried again - would have to bend the rack a bit to get it the way you have ... no worries I have already hacked halfway through one of the metal standoffs and will use the halves to fit it :D

btw - where in heaven's name did you get those fenders from ??

So i just bought my own radrover and the ibera rack. (they haven't shipped yet) however im trying to find some waterproof bags i can put on them. i don't want to put some waterproof cover on it everytime im done riding. any ideas of what would work? i was looking at this from ibera themselves (http://www.ibera.info/products_detail.php?cID=1&Key=116) it's the only waterproof bag they have. however i cant seem to find where to buy it. i don't think they sell it to the US for some reason. also i have a feeling it's a bit pricey. so what are you guys using and what other bags work with this rack?

Ortlieb is the gold standard for bike bags... Pricey but built to last.

Hi Guys, I recently received the rack offered on the Rad Powerbikes site, and it installed in 10 minutes on my 2016 Rover, with the toolkit provided with the bike. Not to hijack, and please excuse the noob question, but there is a plate with 2 holes on the back that looks like a motorcycle type license plate holder. I have noticed several other racks have these, but I have not seen anything mounted on them. Any idea what that is for? All the rear lights I have seen so far are seat post mount type.

I took a pic of my '16 Rover with the RadRover Rear Rack. I stuck some reflective tape over the license plate holder, and made a bracket to hold an OuterDo taillight turn signal. I also picked up a Serfas Super Cruiser saddle today.
Nxn70SisuE_nkHDXmTLl_HQMH992PGkwaWioKmFYA2bpTvhqa95-TbTOudlKk2ZZbvpj1KGSlb7lpNb2WcpOEQcyPEwR-x_vrmNrxjbhoMrbaIFT10BSpGpNWOUqK_WQiua8vH9HjbewB8YXyszhxisSr82Azrbyh2ufjqnDuqt_N_azSSyN4CN8BNQmRfbYnBJ8aycMRpBJwEqDJWUcETO93wsJQ71I6P1eG7Yy2gLgB_fdhM0JNBQRTchidegAPkCmKK55UrLCTt7L4YIjGG6O_w8rRCegQrLjtgUQJxM29MHKENrsprnThg5o3uJI3XHfI47P0hbULracL-Nar0S5lICR55jTGf0Oi2pdDQTgXu2T9qSTSzQC462u6bNQykz6XCREOkt7jVDLCUiPhD9VpeveSP1sZMcfMRU55BoETWFNf60ESFsnxO5oYJYTQRJ02GY_OYCoZzBmuM4RkYd1NqkWA0zcoivX1lk2vNuwRVJcGVa380XRxJnduwicwPosiMXQkBWCaJW0jt7z5UkqMz-DBjugEcZUdmRqvWMJ2hcDG_KkmHbVTlYmif2U-ofqGCZK55TjuSyLa81KStwzcLvA1pVQUrblbVLeIAV-Ab2G=w1104-h947-no

Hi Guys, I recently received the rack offered on the Rad Powerbikes site, and it installed in 10 minutes on my 2016 Rover, with the toolkit provided with the bike. Not to hijack, and please excuse the noob question, but there is a plate with 2 holes on the back that looks like a motorcycle type license plate holder. I have noticed several other racks have these, but I have not seen anything mounted on them. Any idea what that is for? All the rear lights I have seen so far are seat post mount type.

It's to mount a rear light - - my research suggests this mounting bracket works with the light you get with the rad rover. (The light DOES come with a normal seat post ring type mount) - I have ordered it for myself as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IQEAK2/

if you read it's descriptions - it's compatible with the "Blinky 3" light

This is the Blinky 3 light - https://www.amazon.com/Planet-Bike-Blinky-3-Led-Bicycle/dp/B0192CKYQQ
- it's the same light you get with your radrover.

Hi Rray,

The mount on the back of the RadRover rear rack is for attaching the same rear light that comes with the RadMini and the RadWagon. Below is a picture of what the light looks like:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I did the Topeak Uni Super Tourist Fat Rack because I already had a Topeak bag/rack with the quicktrack system on my other bike and I wanted flip/flop the bag on either rack between the two bikes. Installation took about 15-20 mins and works perfectly fine with the RadRover seatpost rear fender (fender floats between the tire and rack nicely).

I installed a non-blinking light to mine. I don't have a picture, just the link from Amazon. https://smile.amazon.com/BV-super-B...id=1474999829&sr=8-3&keywords=rear+rack+light

Back