Rear rack for fat tire full suspension bike

camdon44

Region
USA
I'm getting a new bike tomorrow (if you can believe FedEx). It's a Wallke X3 Pro. 26 inch x 4 inch fat tire. Full suspension. Folding bike. I want to put a rack and fenders on it, but I don't know where to start. My thoughts are that with the rear suspension not all racks will work, not to mention the 4 inch tires. These are pretty new bikes to the market and I don't feel there are a lot of racks or fenders that will work... I wait to hear from the experts...

Attachments

• Wallke--X3_--PRO--Matte_gree_e0ffcb1a-ec42-4855-a9fa-d2998fb12ca3_800x.jpg
    Wallke--X3_--PRO--Matte_gree_e0ffcb1a-ec42-4855-a9fa-d2998fb12ca3_800x.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 529
Someone might chime in and say Old Man Mountain, but that won't work on your bike. Get a Topeak Uni Super Tourist Fat. The lower struts will bolt to the eyelets on the rear dropouts. With the provided steel adjustable upper struts, they will have to be bent down from the rack to meet with the upper tubes of the frame (the so-called seat stays). There are no eyelets there, so you would have to use a clamp like these made by Jandd.

The upper struts would not be attached to the seat post, but to the two tubes on either side of the wheel. On a rigid bike those are called seat stays.

I'm getting a new bike tomorrow (if you can believe FedEx). It's a Wallke X3 Pro. 26 inch x 4 inch fat tire. Full suspension. Folding bike. I want to put a rack and fenders on it, but I don't know where to start. My thoughts are that with the rear suspension not all racks will work, not to mention the 4 inch tires. These are pretty new bikes to the market and I don't feel there are a lot of racks or fenders that will work... I wait to hear from the experts...
Have you found any fenders that will work on this bike?

I just bought a Wallke X3 pro and am excitedly awaiting it!! Did you ever find fenders that work and did the rack suggested work out? Thanks!

I actually sold the bike. It was a great bike. I had some issues with the controller. They sent me a new one and it took some experimenting to get it dialed in. I just found the riding position too forward and head down. I prefer my 20 inch fat tire folding bikes, but I am looking at the new Sonders mid drives....

Ok, I know I struggled to find things to fit my wallke x3 pro. So here's some info that i hope helps someone. I got my fenders from Rad Power bikes, they're actually for the rad runner 5,I think. The rack is an axiom fatliner. After a couple trips to home depot and a handful of zip ties (I actually used a bracket that came with the fenders to attach the upper support arms of the rack), everything is riding great!

In case you're wondering the other mods are an adjustable stem to raise the bars a bit and swapped out the factory seat for my old comfort bike seat. Probably going to add new handlebars with a higher rise soon, my back is not very strong.
20200728_111542.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a Wallke X3 pro and am excitedly awaiting it!! Did you ever find fenders that work and did the rack suggested work out? Thanks!
Just wanted to share that the Iberra Ratpak does work with the enormous seat post lol, just got it and was able to install it easily.
20200803_131322.jpg

The Walke and Lectric XP must share the same Chinese manufacturer no? Same tire brand, framework looks almost identical...

The Walke and Lectric XP must share the same Chinese manufacturer no? Same tire brand, framework looks almost identical...

Well, I guess it's possible. It's my understanding that most e bikes and their components are made by the same handful of manufacturers in China. Different versions/ setups are sold by different outlets. That being said, there are a couple pretty big differences between the wallke and the lectric.
The wallke is a 26" frame with dual suspension. The lectric is a 20" frame with no suspension (not that size matters, lol 😉, but more so the suspension setup). Another significant difference is the W-PAS (aka I-PAS, aka E-PAS) regenerative system which the lectric does not have. IMO, those are significant enough differences to leads me to believe they come from different manufacturers... but still, it is a possibility they're more closely related, lol.

I think it's more likely something like the eAhora 20" folders (w/ E-PAS and dual suspension) would be produced at the same place as wallke. But that's all just my theory.😄

Just an FYI for X3 Pro owners who don't want to buy and mount a rear rack, the stock seat (Sell Royal) has a removable tab and can except small saddle bags made by that same manufacturer.

I haven't personally mounted one of these but I just discovered that tab on my seat and figured it might help someone else if they are looking for some storage space.

Attachments

• saddle-bag-large-detail.jpg
    saddle-bag-large-detail.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 402
Jus thought I would post this in case any animal lovers want to take your pups out with you. This is a great animal trailer and fairly inexpensive. Mounted right up with the exception of the nut being to big to fit in the recess. You can either find a new nut at the hardware store or I grounded down the edges of the nut until in fit correctly in the recess of the carrier bracket.
20200720_143710.jpgIMG_8615.jpg

Update:

Wallke Production Department told me that they are designing the new rear rack for Wallke Ebike. If you are interested in it, you can kindly check the attachment. I will update you once I receive more information.

Attachments

• Wallke-Ebike-Rear-Rack.jpg
    Wallke-Ebike-Rear-Rack.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 541
Just an FYI for X3 Pro owners who don't want to buy and mount a rear rack, the stock seat (Sell Royal) has a removable tab and can except small saddle bags made by that same manufacturer.

I haven't personally mounted one of these but I just discovered that tab on my seat and figured it might help someone else if they are looking for some storage space.
Thanks was wondering what that slot was! But after a couple of rides I put my old cushy seat from Raleigh on it.

Back