Rear rack for Como 4

Sanders

Region
USA
City
PNW
Have a Turbo Como 4 with fenders.
Looking for a rear rack that fits it.
Curious what anyone has done with similar bike.

I added the Topeak Explorer rack to my Como 5.0. The straps that connect the rack to the bike were a little short causing my butt to hit the bag I had on the rack. I bought the longer straps from Topeak and was able to push it back a bit to fix the issue. I also used Plasti Dip to paint the straps black (before putting on bike) so they matched the bike better. Chrome straps just didn't blend in well.

I added the Topeak Explorer rack to my Como 5.0. The straps that connect the rack to the bike were a little short causing my butt to hit the bag I had on the rack. I bought the longer straps from Topeak and was able to push it back a bit to fix the issue. I also used Plasti Dip to paint the straps black (before putting on bike) so they matched the bike better. Chrome straps just didn't blend in well.
Were you able to keep the rear fender? It seems like the fender arms might interfere with the rack struts.

The Racktime rack on my Vado has a cone cast into the end of the struts that mates with a dimple in the frame. Is this the same for the Como?

Were you able to keep the rear fender? It seems like the fender arms might interfere with the rack struts.

The Racktime rack on my Vado has a cone cast into the end of the struts that mates with a dimple in the frame. Is this the same for the Como?
Yes, still have the rear fender.

Attachments

• IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    901.3 KB · Views: 2,632
Not meaning to hijack here but I have that same bag and rack but the mounting brackets they put on my bike keep it really close to the seat. As you can see in the picture. there's a little bit of room to extend it out but I think it needs new braces. Do you think that'll be a big deal for a dealer to swap out or am I stuck having to buy new ones?

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200617_185344.jpg
    MVIMG_20200617_185344.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 630
  • MVIMG_20200617_185352.jpg
    MVIMG_20200617_185352.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 551
Not meaning to hijack here but I have that same bag and rack but the mounting brackets they put on my bike keep it really close to the seat. As you can see in the picture. there's a little bit of room to extend it out but I think it needs new braces. Do you think that'll be a big deal for a dealer to swap out or am I stuck having to buy new ones?
If the rack deck is level, it is in the correct position. Adding longer arms would tilt the deck back. Other rack brands/models have the deck built farther back on the frame.

I just took some pictures of mine so you can see the difference. I just bought the longer brackets on amazon and then painted them. Search for “Topeak extra long tubular rack mounting brackets”.
1D0FCCD9-0D8A-4BCD-8AF1-491A609B218C.jpeg

Attachments

• C06CDED1-34C3-411B-A968-23954135A803.jpeg
    C06CDED1-34C3-411B-A968-23954135A803.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 454
I am sure if the dealer has longer arms available as an accessory they would be more than willing to sell them to you, like any accessory.Outfitting an ebike is no different than any bike..the solution is out there somewhere, or parts can be machined to make it work. Like putting a puzzle together sometimes.
Talk to your lbs.

Hello
I have a question. From your pics it looks like you have the Topeak Explorer made for bikes with disk brakes and the rack mounts are attached to the outside of the frame with your fenders still mounted inside the frame. Did you have to get longer bolts to attach the rack as well as the fender struts on the inside of the frame? The post above yours shows the Explorer mounted to the inside of the frame. I'm a bit confused as to which way to go. I have a 2019 Como. Thanks for your help in advance.

I have a 2019 Como with Specialized Fenders that I added just like yours. I want to order the Topeak Explorer but am not sure which model to order, the one with or without disk brakes. It looks like you mounted both the fenders and rack in the inside of the frame. Were there any problems doing this and did you have to use longer bolts to attach both fenders and racks to the same mounting hole? Thanks.

Hello
I have a question. From your pics it looks like you have the Topeak Explorer made for bikes with disk brakes and the rack mounts are attached to the outside of the frame with your fenders still mounted inside the frame. Did you have to get longer bolts to attach the rack as well as the fender struts on the inside of the frame? The post above yours shows the Explorer mounted to the inside of the frame. I'm a bit confused as to which way to go. I have a 2019 Como. Thanks for your help in advance.
I'm wondering the same! I had to use longer bolts for my Specialized Roll rack on my Como 4.0. But, then I realized that the longer bolt was going to interfere with chain dropping gears and had to throw bunch of washers on to try and shorten the screw. It was a frankensteined mess by the time all was said and done.

I am looking for a rear rack for a Como 5.0, wondering who is very happy with their setup? What rack did you get, how it was mounted, no issues with ortlieb paniers? No interference with fenders that come with this 5.0 version? Did you go with the TOPEAK EXPLORER and add “Topeak extra long tubular rack mounting brackets”, or something else? Thank you.

I am looking for a bike rack for a Como 5.0, low entry, size small, rider height 5'5". I understand that the taller you are the more clearance between the bag and the seat. Would like to go Topeak expolorer too, what model did you get? Was your como size a small size? Are you over 5'5" tall? All those things affect if there are fit ussues or not, I understand. Was you rack level after extending the support arms. Support arms mounted to the existing mounts on the frame arm?

Back