Rear Pannier removal

veggieboy

Region
United Kingdom
I have a Riese and Muller Superdelite electric bike,which apart from weighing the same as a baby elephant is great .
My question being how do I remove the rear pannier without cutting the cable that goes to the rear light/ brake light? I did ring the shop I originally purchased it from - one member of staff told me to just cut the light cable ,and when I rang another branch of the same company I was told whatever you do don't cut the rear light cable !! I also rang a mobile bike mechanic who was as much use as a chocolate teapot. I am tempted to just cut the light cable , obviously the rear light/ brake light will no longer work ,but I'd prefer that to that monstrosity of a pannier which makes mounting and dismounting a chore . I'm also wondering if the light could be rewired to make it function again .
Thank you all for your time ,and apologies for rambling on - I put it down to my age !

This is without a doubt the simplest and, after seeing 6 other videos on this subject, the very best video. The most important reason is that you can see everything he does with his hands and how he uses them to make sure the chain is positioned correctly especially on the reinstall. So many other videos block your view of this process. This guy has given me the confidence that I needed to be able to reset my bikes rear wheel. The Pro's Closet is very lucky to have this guy in their crew!

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited:
Back