Rear Light Connected to LMT'D Controller

reodds

Region
USA
Hi everyone, I just received my LMT'D, and am very pleased so far. I would like to add a bright rear light to the bike, and have it powered and controlled by the bikes controller. Has anyone done this, and if so, what light do you recommend?
Thanks!
Roger

Easier and probably more effective to just add superbirght Cygolite 350.

7150CCbSCwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks, but I really wanted to connect a light and power it through the controller...

No one here seems to have done what you want to do. Suggest FB Ride1Up Group. Much more concentrated owners.

The way I did it, was to add this kit.

Ebike Headlight and Tail Light... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KG5GJRD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I wired this kit in to the constant 48v for the controllers display. There are similar kits that have just the light. You don’t have to use all the included lights.

Take a look at the items pictures, you’ll get a better idea of how these all connect. Also, check for your bikes wiring diagram. I love Ride1Up for all the documentation on their support page.

This is for the 700 series, but I think the LMT’D has the same controller.

Thank you for the help. I have isolated the connection to the controller and it is a 15v tap that is controlled by the light switch (+ button on the control pad). I was primarily interested in the specific lights people use that have a wired interface.

Back