Rear derailleur life expectancy

Worth mentioning: This is not a difficult part to service, but does require some instruction. You could have yourself completely back up and running - complete with fine tuning after the fact - in one sitting. All you need post-installation is a small screwdriver.

This is the gold standard with regard to instruction on adjusting derailleurs. You do everything by feel and by ear so once you know what to look for, its quite easy to adjust it down the road as well.

Worth mentioning: This is not a difficult part to service, but does require some instruction. You could have yourself completely back up and running - complete with fine tuning after the fact - in one sitting. All you need post-installation is a small screwdriver.

This is the gold standard with regard to instruction on adjusting derailleurs. You do everything by feel and by ear so once you know what to look for, its quite easy to adjust it down the road as well.

Been watching that before my derailleur adjustment of yesterday... Pure gold!

They do just hang there bashing off things and collecting dirt, thats why there is so much interest in gearbox ebikes.

clean and oil/grease, I never do, ride in salt water, eventually it stops shifting down as the spring and pivots rust up.
Spray with wd40, all good.

I hope this helps 😂

Thanks for this link. I’ll be referring to it once the new shifter is installed and the LBS does its adjustments, a few rides go by and further adjustments are needed.

They do just hang there bashing off things and collecting dirt, thats why there is so much interest in gearbox ebikes.

clean and oil/grease, I never do, ride in salt water, eventually it stops shifting down as the spring and pivots rust up.
Spray with wd40, all good.

I hope this helps 😂
use something better then wd-40 its is not a lube. you will have better results.

Back