rear brake pads are squealing

ryukenden73

659 miles and my rear brake pads are worn down. the rotors are too small for the size and weight of our bikes...

what's the best replacement? organic, resin or ceramic?

659 miles and my rear brake pads are worn down. the rotors are too small for the size and weight of our bikes...
You have worn it out because you aren't using the front brake. Use both brakes and you will get significantly longer life out of both pads.
what's the best replacement? organic, resin or ceramic?
Organic and resin is the same thing. If you want the longest life and more braking power, get sintered or semi-metallic pads (ceramic falls in this category). However, such pads are much more likely to squeak or make noise.

You have worn it out because you aren't using the front brake. Use both brakes and you will get significantly longer life out of both pads.

Organic and resin is the same thing. If you want the longest life and more braking power, get sintered or semi-metallic pads (ceramic falls in this category). However, such pads are much more likely to squeak or make noise.
i use both brakes when stopping. 50 / 50 split.

the brakes on the wallke x3 pro are shimano tektros and supposedly with tektro brake pads.. took both front and rear pads out and it was some nameless brake pad applying pressure on a 160mm rotor...on a 60 lb bike and being ridden by a 220 lbs organic engine. the fronts look a little better than the rears ( i changed my front rotors to 180mm ) anyhoo, these teeny tiny brake pads are trying to stop my inertia from 28 mph to zero.

oh well. 659 miles and they are shot

i ordered some tektro organic/resin and it should be here tomorrow. thank you.

i have a 2010 specialized FSRXC that still has the original Juicy brake pads.... this one has 203 and 180. the brake pads lasted longer then the brake levers -- my rears developed an leak in the bushings and needed to be overhauled. couldn't find any parts. replaced them with shimanos and bike went into storage -- haven't used the bike since i got the wallke

Resin/organic brakes pads should be used on most bikes that don't do any hardcore trails, downhills, or enduro races. They bite hard and grab really well, but if you're hard on them they will heat up and start to lose their effectiveness. Then you just need to let them cool down for a bit before riding on them.

Metallic brakes grab good since the won't heat up, but you'll need new discs for them since they'll eat through them faster, and you're going to have trumpet brakes all the time, and that can get annoying real quick. Plus you'll get the "wtf is wrong with your bike" looks from people who don't know any better.

I agree the brakes on the Wallke aren't that great and it feels like the pads are going to warp the discs. I think the main issue are the crappy Tektro brakes that comes on the X3 bikes, as they're some bottom-of-the-barrel single piston brakes. If you get some 2 or even 4 piston hydraulic brakes, then you'll notice a bigger difference in braking performance.

i use both brakes when stopping. 50 / 50 split.

the brakes on the wallke x3 pro are shimano tektros and supposedly with tektro brake pads.. took both front and rear pads out and it was some nameless brake pad applying pressure on a 160mm rotor...on a 60 lb bike and being ridden by a 220 lbs organic engine. the fronts look a little better than the rears ( i changed my front rotors to 180mm ) anyhoo, these teeny tiny brake pads are trying to stop my inertia from 28 mph to zero.

oh well. 659 miles and they are shot

i ordered some tektro organic/resin and it should be here tomorrow. thank you.

i have a 2010 specialized FSRXC that still has the original Juicy brake pads.... this one has 203 and 180. the brake pads lasted longer then the brake levers -- my rears developed an leak in the bushings and needed to be overhauled. couldn't find any parts. replaced them with shimanos and bike went into storage -- haven't used the bike since i got the wallke
Ry, can you tell me what you ordered exactly? I am also 220 and live on the side of a mountain:) They are pretty shot.

Ry, can you tell me what you ordered exactly? I am also 220 and live on the side of a mountain:) They are pretty shot.
I used a brand called "corki" from Amazon. The black ones.. I believe are resin. They don't squeal like the multi pads and metal ones.

My brakes squeal like crazy in the rear only have 200 miles on bike...I wiped the disk with alcohol and helped some but..I know to use both brakes but this tires suck for going around turns fast and they have washed out several times while either braking or turning on sand, gravel and dirt love them to float over stuff but are not at all any good for turning or stopping fast AND I live in the AZ desert so it is ALL sand and gravel pretty much...so I digress..does anyone have a link to the actual pads I should use on the stock Lectric XP?
ALso what tires can one go to for better handling on the loose stuff? My full suspension bike with real dirt tires grabs WAY BETTER with just 2.25 inch tires

Thanks for your help..other then this 2 issues I love the bike.

Back