Rear bike rack

minhcolu

Just purchased a 2019 SDURO FullSeven 9.0 Haibike and was hoping on moving my Thule Pack n Pedal rack on this bike but realized that the clearance on the rack is only 2.5”, where the Haibike has 2.8”. Was curious to know what rack recommendations are suitable for this bike? Was hoping to do some bikepacking with this new bike! Thanks everyone and excited to be a new owner of my first EMTB!

Can you better describe the clearance problem? Does the .3" difference really cause a problem?

If you plan on carrying 25 pounds or less, a seat post type rack might work. There are a variety to choose from including:

Or

Adapters are available for different bikes. Check out the video.

Can you better describe the clearance problem? Does the .3" difference really cause a problem?

If you plan on carrying 25 pounds or less, a seat post type rack might work. There are a variety to choose from including:

Or

Adapters are available for different bikes. Check out the video.
Thank you for the recommendations! I’m hoping the .3 won’t be an issue so I can continue to use the gear I already have...I haven’t received my bike yet to try the Thule rack. The bike also has a dropper seat post, so I haven’t considered the seat post racks yet either but could be a possibility if the Thule rack doesn’t fit. I also found a rear rack from OMM, which seems like it might be an option as well. For anyone else with any other helpful recommendations, the bike is running 27.5 x 2.8 with 12mm thru axle and 148mm hub spacing. Here’s the link to the OMM rack as well: https://oldmanmountain.com/product/sherpa-frame-fit-kit-complete-bike-rack/ with KIT811 for 230$.
Also, on a side note, i read your post on your list of trails in the NE...great post! I’m from the Philadelphia suburbs and have been on many of those trails you listed. Thanks for sharing!!!

It appears your new Haibike has rear suspension. If that is the case, you're going to have trouble finding a rear rack to fit. The same is true with a seat post rack if your bike has a dropper.

You might want to check out this thread:

Thanks for sharing the thread...it referenced the OMM rack pretty often as a suitable option for full suspension bikes and I’ve definitely ruled out the seat post rack due to my dropper post. I have my Thule pack n pedal installed on a full suspension bike now, but with 2.3” tires...I am leaning more and more to the OMM rack for the new Haibike...the one I’m looking at is made for tires up to 3” wide. I’m just glad that I can still use my existing pannier bags!! Thanks for the help! For any other people reading this thread, the cost for the OMM Sherpa Rack with the KIT811 for my bike was 210$ and not $230, as I initially mentioned above.

Topeak makes the Tetrarack for full suspension for $119 US. Your seatstay width must be between 3.8" - 5" wide c-c of stays for it to fit. I have 27.5" 2.8" on my bike also and the Topeak does NOT fit because seatstay on my BH bike are too wide, but it may fit yours. With that said, if you don't mind spending extra for the OMM rack, go for it. They are the best if they have the kit for your bike that fits.
1588553010914.png

Just purchased a 2019 SDURO FullSeven 9.0 Haibike and was hoping on moving my Thule Pack n Pedal rack on this bike but realized that the clearance on the rack is only 2.5”, where the Haibike has 2.8”. Was curious to know what rack recommendations are suitable for this bike? Was hoping to do some bikepacking with this new bike! Thanks everyone and excited to be a new owner of my first EMTB!

Back