Rear bag that works with the city kit rack ST-1?

After a few years with a trunk bag, I switched over to an Ortlieb briefcase pannier. https://thetouringstore.com/thetour...bag-panniers/ortlieb-office-bag-ql-3-pannier/

I like that it keeps my center of gravity lower, still has good heel clearance, and it's easy to mount and take off the rack. It also holds a lot more which turns out to be a big deal for an e-bike specific reason: if I park my bike somewhere, it makes it very easy to remove the battery, stick it in something that actually looks like a briefcase, and take it with me along with my chromebook and various other items. The thing is surprisingly waterproof and it appears to be very well made.

From what I'm seeing on eBay they are about the same price as the Ortlieb. I only see them being sold as single units and not pairs for between around $65 and $85. I'm seeing Ortlieb's for around $139 a pair. Woudn't be a bad price for a pair. I'm still looking for some reasonably priced panniers...

From what I'm seeing on eBay they are about the same price as the Ortlieb. I only see them being sold as single units and not pairs for between around $65 and $85. I'm seeing Ortlieb's for around $139 a pair. Woudn't be a bad price for a pair. I'm still looking for some reasonably priced panniers...
I bought mine on ebay last summer for $70 for the pair. Maybe I just got a good deal....

I'm leaning towards the Ortlieb Gravel Pack as it seem a bit lighter material and not as bulky. It comes with the QL-2.1 attachment system which should clip over the rack on my Cannondale Contro-e Speed, 16mm rack.

Back