Real Range? What can you get from a charge?

$600 bucks for a kit AND battery? That's not going to be a reliable purchase.

Tom,
I appreciate your comment, as I am trying find her the best deal, but I want the unit to last for 5 years.

What would you say is the minimum dollar amount needed? I see units with a wide range of prices....and I am not at all sure what the price point should be for a reliable unit.

I paid $1,200 for my kit, and it has good reviews. I am just not sure where that magical number is. Maybe it is a linear relationship, the lower the price the lower the reliability. I suspect that is the case.

So maybe $800 to $900 would work for her?

Old saying "Speed costs money. How fast can you afford to go?"

Hmm..48v 20ah is 960wh...so 48 to 96 miles? Seems a bit unbelievable, but I can hope it's true!

That's like my battery, 48V 19.8Ah. Limited experience so far but my bike is a 1000W mid drive, heavy, 70lbs, I am 150lbs, and I'm running 4.5" tires at 4 psi on snow and 10 psi on hard trails. When temp is single digits to around 20F and I ride moderate hills on snow at 10ish MPH at PAS 1 or 2, I get an easy 2 hours or 20 plus miles. I did a couple long bike path rides at PAS 1 and 2 with temps in the high 30's F going 15 plus MPH and got over 50 miles with 30% charge left. I ordered a set of 27.5" wheels with 2.3" tires that I can run over 60 PSI and expect those to bump up my milage considerably. So 96 miles on a charge is not too farfetched I bet.

You can buy a complete eBike, assembled, for $999. website now says 899...28mph. folds. reviews are very good.
lectric xp

$600 bucks for a kit AND battery? That's not going to be a reliable purchase.

You can buy a complete eBike, assembled, for $999. the website now says 899...28mph. folds. The reviews are very good.
I can't comment on Lectric, but I can comment on my customer service experience with some budget bikes. The most common problem I see is frustrated owners trying to get replacement parts and aftermarket parts like controllers. The controllers can have completely different connectors. No issue for me or those with crimping tools and soldering experience.

Displays can have similar or the same model designation but there can be a difference in firmware.

I get several calls a week from noncustomers desperately looking for repair parts for other systems. Unfortunately, we are BBSxx series only.

Even the controller and display can be programmed together in proprietary way. When our hub-drive failed the support said I would need the exact same controller for it to work due to programming/firmware.
And yes, I thought I was all smart and able to troubleshoot a failure, but after you go through all the steps and it STILL doesn't work then what? So I started throwing parts at it. STILL DIDN'T WORK. 😁

People end up with an expensive door stop.

Back