Rayvolt cruzer chopper like ebike...

Region
Europe
City
Bruges
Screenshot_2021-09-26-18-58-35-836_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

I just bought me a Rayvolt cruzer with the dual battery and power hub made to drive 45km/u easily.
Now because of EU regulations it is restricted to only go 25km/u.
Someone told me that I have to make the Eiva app that goes with it and controls everything believe that I am in the US and not in EU.
So I am using a VPN connection from US now but when they ask me to register there is only 2 buttons, locate bike and standard settings, if I use locate bike button they search with GPS and locate me in Belgium! Can anyone please help me to make sure I can use US settings instead of EU settings I would be forever grateful... Hoping to find a solution here...

De-restricting can be a chore for sure but your case is the first I have hear of requiring such a step as GPS locate.

Your bike looks like a pretty simple hub motor/controller/battery type and as the problem is probably within the controller my suggestion would be to ditch the stock controller and wire in another. There are others on here that may step in to confirm and have more to offer than me.

Good luck!

Thanx for the reply, I solved the problem I don't need vpn from US. Just need my location in US and with simple app I did, and now I can choose between EU and US...

Reactions: JRA
Thanx for the reply, I solved the problem I don't need vpn from US. Just need my location in US and with simple app I did, and now I can choose between EU and US...
Hey rayvoltcruiserbelgium. Ik Koch recent ook een cruzer met de 1000 watt motor in de hoop via de app wat sneller te kunnen rijden. Ik hoopte natuurlijk op wat info en hulp van de dealer maar die lijkt mijn pogingen om de app te installeren en wijzigen eerder te blokkeren. Hij weigert zelfs me wat info te geven. De medewerking ging zover tot wanneer ik bij afhaling betaalde en dan hield het op.

Thuisgekomen probeerde ik de app te installeren en zoals jij, dacht ik, ook probeerde dacht ik USA als land in te geven, wat uiteraard niet lukte. Reinder van het verhaal is dat ik met een niet meer functionerende fiets met hangende pootjes terug naar mijn beste verkoper kon om mijn superbike opnieuw aan de praat te krijgen.

In alle eerlijkheid, ik ben een absolute nul met moderne electronica in combinatie met apps etc.

Maar hey, dit is een kleine kreet om eventueel wat hulp aan iemand die blijkbaar weet hoe het moet.

Dank alvast voor je replay. 😉

Back