Range anxiety :)

I have a Vado SL5 and recently bought the range extender battery. I have found that running in sport mode depletes the power by about one percent per mile. My rides are typically about 20 miles with about 650 feet of elevation gain.

Todays ride, 219 Watt hrs, 40.8% average support, 41.8 miles, 1700 ft of climbing, and about 97% of my old legs and butt. Range anxiety??? What range anxiety! I continue to be amazed by this little bike and glad to have the Mosquito in the garage. I held off purchasing the range extender and unless I start carrying more gear or want to go distances that right not my legs and back will not support, I dont anticipate needing it.

Attachments

• IMG_9853.jpg
    IMG_9853.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_9854.jpg
    IMG_9854.jpg
    899.4 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_9852.jpg
    IMG_9852.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 162
Todays ride, 219 Watt hrs, 40.8% average support, 41.8 miles, 1700 ft of climbing, and about 97% of my old legs and butt. Range anxiety??? What range anxiety! I continue to be amazed by this little bike and glad to have the Mosquito in the garage. I held off purchasing the range extender and unless I start carrying more gear or want to go distances that right not my legs and back will not support, I dont anticipate needing it.
I had a ride with similar stats on my Creo a couple of weeks ago. There was still 35% of the battery left and like you my tank was about empty. So far my range extender battery has been a waste of money because my range doesn’t need an extender.

Since your post is from 2021, I hope you've already found a setting that works for you. If you're still experimenting, remember that with time and experience, you'll become more comfortable and confident in managing your ebike's battery life.

Your concern about range anxiety with your ebike is completely understandable, especially when you're just starting out. It's similar to what causes gad (generalized anxiety disorder), where uncertainty and fear of unknown outcomes can trigger anxiety. However, in your case, it's about battery life and ensuring you don't run out of power.

Last edited:
Back