Raleigh misceo IE

ya1234

I’m wondering how many users have vale i’m wondering how many users have a Raleigh misceo IE.
It is a fantastic ride. It’s a lightweight, and durable. My only concern is to charge the battery. The charger and the battery connection is so small, that it is difficult to get the three pins In the battery aligned with the charger.
I’ve been trying this many times, and I had to replace the charger from the bike shop.

Are there any solutions to this problem?

Thanks for your advice

I have a Raleigh Misceo Sport IE and just remove the battery to charge with the large 4-blade connector.

1566273096013.png
1566273110190.png

Attachments

• 1570910315767.png
    1570910315767.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 601
Last edited:
I have the regular Raleigh misceo IE ebike?
The pins to charge the battery are small and it's cumbersome even after removing the battery to align them with the charger, and very tricky even in bright light to get alignment. I've had to replace a charger due to bent pins once. Three hole is too small.
Is there any solution to this charging problem

I have the regular Raleigh misceo IE ebike?
The pins to charge the battery are small and it's cumbersome even after removing the battery to align them with the charger, and very tricky even in bright light to get alignment. I've had to replace a charger due to bent pins once. Three hole is too small.
Is there any solution to this charging problem

Perhaps you are talking about the new 2019 Misceo iE with the hub motor pictured below.

Unfortunately, Raleigh decided to lower the price point and go with a lot of entry-level components.

It appears that the charger for the SR Suntour rear hub motor uses a small pin conductor for charging shown below.

The original 2016/2017 Misceo iE Sport came with a Shimano mid-drive motor including the larger charger pictured above.

1566453984145.png

1566454509789.png

Last edited:
Perhaps you are talking about the new 2019 Misceo iE with the hub motor pictured below.

Unfortunately, Raleigh decided to lower the price point and go with a lot of entry-level components.

It appears that the charger for the SR Suntour rear hub motor uses a small pin conductor for charging.

The original 2016/2017 Misceo iE Sport came with a Shimano mid-drive motor including the larger charger pictured above.

View attachment 36952

View attachment 36955

I didn't know and now I'm stuck with this... Can I leave the charger cable wire, which is short, in the battery and use it with the short cable attached so I won't have to try and identify pin and socket after every discharge of the battery...I wish I had known that this was an entry level system...
Is there any other way to circumvent this difficulty with the small charger pin, like a permanent solution?
Thanks

I didn't know and now I'm stuck with this... Can I leave the charger cable wire, which is short, in the battery and use it with the short cable attached so I won't have to try and identify pin and socket after every discharge of the battery...I wish I had known that this was an entry level system...
Is there any other way to circumvent this difficulty with the small charger pin, like a permanent solution?
Thanks
I bought this cycle online 3 months ago. It Is the 2019 model. If this is covered but a2 year warranty, is it possible to return this bike and get the upgrade, and how do I go about it, I didn't register the bike as yet.
Thanks for the response

I’m wondering how many users have vale i’m wondering how many users have a Raleigh misceo IE.
It is a fantastic ride. It’s a lightweight, and durable. My only concern is to charge the battery. The charger and the battery connection is so small, that it is difficult to get the three pins In the battery aligned with the charger.
I’ve been trying this many times, and I had to replace the charger from the bike shop.

Hi, my wife is selling her Misceo. 250miles. She never rides it and I need the space.
Thanks for your advice

Also the bike now revvs too much when the pedal is pushed, like it's going on over drive. How can that be fixed?
Thanks

I bought this cycle online 3 months ago. It Is the 2019 model. If this is covered but a2 year warranty, is it possible to return this bike and get the upgrade, and how do I go about it, I didn't register the bike as yet.
Thanks for the response

Raleigh Electric have a 30-day return policy https://www.raleighusa.com/returns
But if you want to upgrade to a bike with another motor I suggest contacting Raleigh customer service and ask if they will accept your Misceo bike in return if you buy the Detour iE with the Shimano Steps motor https://www.raleighusa.com/detour-ie-step-over-r142 You would lose the suspension front fork but is otherwise an upgrade from the Misceo, read here what Court had to say about charging on the Detour, it sounds like you need an adapter to charge the battery off the bike https://electricbikereview.com/raleigh/detour-ie/

Worth a try, post here your experience, fingers crossed for a happy ending.

Last edited:
I in the process of installing the charge in place option. I have a crank removal tool Im getting started on this asap.
I'll post pics as I progress.

I had the same issue. My wife when charging the bike wouldn'y check the connection or verify that the LEDs
connected and displayed "Charging:." My solution was to use a nylon bristle brush. Clean and lube the pins with grease. Slips right in. Grease does draw dirt. Wipe of excess. Clean and relube.

Big problem. The onboard charger installation requires a Shimano Steps Crank Arm Puller. It's a show stopper without this $69 tool. I'll look around for a shop that can pull this crank arm. It's too bad they down graded the Misceo to Hubdrive. The reality is Pedal Assist is beyond what the average daily rider can afford. Want? yes. Afford no. The hub motor actually works well. Same sensation almost.

Big problem. The onboard charger installation requires a Shimano Steps Crank Arm Puller. It's a show stopper without this $69 tool. I'll look around for a shop that can pull this crank arm. It's too bad they down graded the Misceo to Hubdrive. The reality is Pedal Assist is beyond what the average daily rider can afford. Want? yes. Afford no. The hub motor actually works well. Same sensation almost.

Here is the Shimano Steps Crank Arm tool... $26. Hope this helps ;)

Thanks for your advice
Hi
What kind of car rack would be the best for transportation in a Acura RDX?
Thanks!
Yousuf

Thanks

I have a 2019 Misceo iE - and had the same issue plugging the charger cable in. I contacted the rep and he provided a short 6" adapter that attached to the charging cable and it made connecting the charger much easier. See photo.

Attachments

• Misceo adapter.jpg
    Misceo adapter.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 803
I have a 2019 Misceo iE - and had the same issue plugging the charger cable in. I contacted the rep and he provided a short 6" adapter that attached to the charging cable and it made connecting the charger much easier. See photo.
Where can I find this connector?

For others having the same difficulty with the connector provided with the bike. We determined that the plastic sleeve inside the screw mechanism had become deformed and was preventing the threads from the connector from engaging while the pins were also seated in the holes. We trimmed the excess plastic so that it now flush with the end of the connector. Now it screws on more easily.

**warning - minor rant coming** "More easily" is certainly a relative description. It is by no means easy to hold the tiny connector end of the charging cable in place in a recessed battery port while simultaneously holding the rubber hole cover out of the way so that you can screw the tiny, hopefully aligned, connector in to the battery charging port. If you are like me, then you get to perform this challenge to you fine motor skills with fingers that are too big to fit in to the recessed area for the battery charging port. **rant over**

Hope the first paragraph is helpful.

Last edited:
I have a 2019 Misceo iE - and had the same issue plugging the charger cable in.
I contacted the rep and he provided a short 6" adapter that attached to the charging cable and it made connecting the charger much easier. See photo.

Good to see you found a solution. Do you leave the extension plugged into the battery when you ride?

Back