Rain proofing the XP suggestions please!

EpicTwiglet

Hey all,

So the weather has finally given up here in Chicago and it’s time for 6 months of winter.

I understand the XP is in no way water proof and I will certainly not be riding in torrential rain, but I wondered what steps I can take to ensure I’m as water resistant as possible.

First purchase are these to cover the handle bar equipment.

Then just maybe some waterproof tape for the motor connections? It’s enough maybe?

Let me know if you guys have done anything already.

Edit: I have a cover for the computer already as that’s the most sensitive part of course

They say you could ride with this Vincita handlebar cover, although I haven't tried, I just use it for parking at work for added rain protection. Was around $10 on Amazon. I also have a baggie over my display held on by rubber binders that stays on 24/7 as I can see the display just fine day or night.
bikeforx.jpg

Not sure what to do but try and stop water going into the headset. The bearings are not sealed on the XP and will rust. The headset is where the handlebar stem connects to the bikes frame.

Not sure what to do but try and stop water going into the headset. The bearings are not sealed on the XP and will rust. The headset is where the handlebar stem connects to the bikes frame.
I guess adding an additional length of fabric to the product Rickrogue posted a picture of would do the job?

That does sound like a miracle product from the reviews. Expensive though. Seems like I should spray it on my keyboard, mouse, computer, maybe the center column of my car interior (potential spill territory), and about a thousand other places.

That does sound like a miracle product from the reviews. Expensive though. Seems like I should spray it on my keyboard, mouse, computer, maybe the center column of my car interior (potential spill territory), and about a thousand other places.
I get swimmers ear in the summer and I may use it to waterproof my ear canal...

I have a garage door opener that I use on my bike I had it in a waterproof box I made but it was hard to push the button. so I opened the case and sprayed it well and gave it time to dry. I ran it under a faucet and it works fine now I just stuck it on my bike in no case and it has worked in the rain.

Back