Radwagon fixes, upgrades, modifications

That's outrageous, saying you did it on purpose. I hope you have both the cops, and a lawyer on this. She needs a harsh lesson.
No lawyer. I got bruised and my bike has a few dings but nothing that would interest an attorney. Cops are on it though. They got screen shots from my helmet cam when I made the report.

New fenders, front and back. Painted them myself but had to have my LBS install them because like everything else, they didn't fit properly.

Attachments

• 20170516_103742.jpg
    20170516_103742.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 667
  • Fender 3.jpg
    Fender 3.jpg
    623.2 KB · Views: 687
Got it all on helmet cam-
Unbelievable! :mad: People act like a hit and run of a bike is okay to just leave, after all it's only a bike that shouldn't be on the road where car drivers own the right of way. I mean you don't pay taxes of any kind. Car drivers need to be there yesterday, whereas you're only out for fun. Getting knocked over just adds to the fun. Right:confused:

That person needs 12 points on their license and the added cost the insurance will add for a high risk driver.

The whole thing would have been better if the driver only cared and slipped you a fifty or hundred. Better all the way around. Hope you're okay and the battle scars aren't too bad, for you or the bike!

Paint looks pretty slick on those fenders!

Unbelievable! :mad: People act like a hit and run of a bike is okay to just leave, after all it's only a bike that shouldn't be on the road where car drivers own the right of way. I mean you don't pay taxes of any kind. Car drivers need to be there yesterday, whereas you're only out for fun. Getting knocked over just adds to the fun. Right:confused:

That person needs 12 points on their license and the added cost the insurance will add for a high risk driver.

The whole thing would have been better if the driver only cared and slipped you a fifty or hundred. Better all the way around. Hope you're okay and the battle scars aren't too bad, for you or the bike!

Paint looks pretty slick on those fenders!
Just some scrapes and bruises. My commuter coffee mug got scratched and the bottle holder on my panniers got ripped so that was a bummer.

Barkme, could you tell me more about your light set up? I want to upgrade mine but know next to nothing about electronics. Did you wore them into the main battery or a separate one? I'd like to use the main one so I don't have to worry about keeping two batteries charged.

Thanks!

Barkme, could you tell me more about your light set up? I want to upgrade mine but know next to nothing about electronics. Did you wore them into the main battery or a separate one? I'd like to use the main one so I don't have to worry about keeping two batteries charged.

Thanks!
I have no good light set up. Just an ORP horn with light and the Radwagon factory headlight. Neither are good to see by. Orp horn is great though. rechargeable waterproof horn. The light is good for being seen.

I got the cable actuated hydraulic brakes installed, wow, what a difference. A lot stronger and more progressive...and no more manual adjusting!

The front was super easy to install, literally easier and faster than adjusting the OE brake. The rear was a little more time consuming as the wheel guard needed to be trimmed and adjusted, and the cable rerouted behind the wheel guard.
View attachment 16410 View attachment 16411

Hey Windmill,
Thanks for sharing!
Question... when you install the Problem Solvers, do you also discard the split washer and regular washer along with the acorn nut?

Thanks!

Hey Windmill,
Thanks for sharing!
Question... when you install the Problem Solvers, do you also discard the split washer and regular washer along with the acorn nut?

Thanks!
Yes, the Problem solvers nut replace the nut, lock washer, and plain washer.

Hi Windmill,
Great post.. Thanks for sharing! Can you also share the size info on the Soma Sparrow (they have 3 sizes, 490/520/560) and the Ergon GP1 Biokork (they have large and small). That'd help a lot. Cheers!

Hi Windmill,
Great post.. Thanks for sharing! Can you also share the size info on the Soma Sparrow (they have 3 sizes, 490/520/560) and the Ergon GP1 Biokork (they have large and small). That'd help a lot. Cheers!
I used the 560 bars, and large grips.
All will work, the sizes are strictly personal preference, I prefer wide bars and fat grips.

I used the 560 bars, and large grips.
All will work, the sizes are strictly personal preference, I prefer wide bars and fat grips.
Just like I like my women! Joking... on a serious note any idea how much more "rise" you get with the soma bars? I have my wagons stem adjusted as far as it will go but would still like a couple more inches so I can sit straighter.

Just like I like my women! Joking... on a serious note any idea how much more "rise" you get with the soma bars? I have my wagons stem adjusted as far as it will go but would still like a couple more inches so I can sit straighter.
The rise is only about 1" depending on how the bars are adjusted, but they have about 6" of pullback which will place one in a more upright position.

Ebay to the rescue, and the seller ships really fast. (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I actually got 13G spokes with the idea the slightly thinner spokes might hold their tension better on a bicycle rim. They're only .3 mm thinner, not much of a difference really (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Hey, yet another question about these upgrades, I want to order these spokes; what length did you order?

Thanks!

Almost the same thing happen to me just last week. The car hit me and push me off the road I did manage to brake hard and not fall down.

My emendate reaction was to laugh.
Very funny. I was wearing a safety vest
I was not going fast at all. No big threat though

Sometime they just do not see you

Ten years ago I woke up in the hospital and was told that, in the Police report, the driver of the truck that, When he hit me, he was doing 4o mph

I never got a lawyer
Blame means nothing

Now I ride a e-bike with a throttle

And one more thing. I have lived in phoenix and Minneapolis most of my adult live
Something thing I learned. Never start anything on the road, Road Rage can get you killed

For you I would recommend buying a rear view mirror and stop whining so much

Back