RadRunner PAS Level Speed Adjustment

haneyrm

Region
USA
City
Boca Grande, FL
Is there a way to adjust the max speed associated with the PAS levels on a RadRunner 1? I recently got a new ebike and my wife has started to ride my RadRunner. She loves riding the bike however we typically ride very casually and she asked me if I would adjust the max speed for PAS level 1.

Is there a simple way to do this?

The lowest wattage you can get on the Bolton upgrade which is same as Electro world is around 90 watts on PAS 1. Rad is around 50 watts. My Bolton has three choices for overall PAS level. These 3 affect all 5 PAS levels. The only other way to affect the power is by setting max wattage division factors. Not sure how low these go.

The lowest wattage you can get on the Bolton upgrade which is same as Electro world is around 90 watts on PAS 1. Rad is around 50 watts. My Bolton has three choices for overall PAS level. These 3 affect all 5 PAS levels. The only other way to affect the power is by setting max wattage division factors. Not sure how low these go.
The max wattage limit (C5) on a Bolton/Electrobike world/KT controller, is generally used to expand those 3 choices available in C14 to get an exact tune. For instance, if C14 won't get you close (slow) enough to what you're after, go to C5, and drop the max wattage setting down a step, and try again. Keep going a step at a time until you get where you want to be. In my experience, dropping a few steps in C5 will not affect performance noticeably. It's still going to leave you way over the top as compared to the RAD/stock controller. A little time spent getting this right can make a dramatic difference in "rideability". Well worth whatever it takes you.... -Al

Back