Radrover 2016 battery meter

christianortiz

I bought a radrover 2016 . I did charge the battery for hours , but when you check how many bars did charge, 3 out of 4 bars are green and the last small bar still red . That means the i have to keep charging or the last bar will never get green . Thanx in advance

I don't know exactly how long you charged it but it does take several hours for my rover battery to get fully charged
like probably six or seven hours if it's down to one or two notches

The manual states it could take 3-5 hours on average to charge. It also said it could take longer for the very first charge since the battery pack is balancing out the cells.

Since the batteries in the pack might be brand new and each of the 18650 cells might be at different charge levels. If the cells don't have the same level of charge for each battery (balanced cells); the battery pack will not work correctly once one-few of the cells run too low on power. This will limit power (only as strong as its weakest link thing) resulting in decreased longevity and range.

I have an 18650 LED flashlight that takes 3 batteries. These types of batteries delivery full power until depleted and my flashlight just stops working. You get zero warning before 18650 batteries dies like with an alkaline batteries with dimming power/light. I ended up getting a spare 18650 battery pack for my bike lights and a back-up flashlight for this reason because it is a little scary going dark during night ride on trails. You might be seeing the last few cells trying to balance out to a full charge and the Radrover is can only show the weakest battery charge level.

I would keep the battery plugged until you get the green light on the charger. Once you get the green light from the first charge, it should take 1-5 hours max after that to recharge depending on how many bars are showing on the LCD screen or battery pack.

I don't know exactly how long you charged it but it does take several hours for my rover battery to get fully charged
like probably six or seven hours if it's down to one or two notches
Thank you for the advice . I charged my battery for 8hrs or more . My question is all the bars shoyld be green or the small last bar is always red even with a full charge ?

Thank you for the advice . I charged my battery for 8hrs or more . My question is all the bars shoyld be green or the small last bar is always red even with a full charge ?

The last smallest bar will always show red with any charge level. I think the battery pack just has a red lense for that display while the other bars have a green lense.

Not sure if you are a four season rider or you park during the winter. The 18650 batteries don't like a full charge, extremely low charge, or cold temps for long-term storage. Best to leave them around 50%-80% charge at room temperature if do plan to park the Radrover for a while.

Back