Radmini vs Magnum Premium

jowday

Anyone have any opinions on which bike you prefer between the Radmini and the Magnum Premium? I'm looking to buy one of these two bikes but I'm torn. I live in Chicago so I need a good urban bike for commuting, errands, and recreation. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone have any opinions on which bike you prefer between the Radmini and the Magnum Premium? I'm looking to buy one of these two bikes but I'm torn. I live in Chicago so I need a good urban bike for commuting, errands, and recreation. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
The Radmini are very popular. I like the non spoke wheels of the Magnum. The Magnum is faster which is good for streets but bad for riding on bike paths since class 3 can be banned.

The Magnum has a much higher torque motor than the mini and accelerates quite well. (in the display second menu that can be softened up a bit in terms of acceleration, or tweaked for battery range on the Magnum.) The ride is softened considerably by the front shocks,and a very nice and thick gel seat. The magnesium alloy wheels eliminate dealing with spoke issues. While labeled a class 3, where the mini is labeled a class 2, technically here in Illinois,the difference won't matter, as any trails that decide to implement any class, usually always choose class 1, which means no throttle allowed. Have yet to hear though from any of my customers reporting any issues with class ratings or being banned from any trails here In Chicago, or any of Illinois, where they all have mostly bought ebikes with throttles.

The rad is heavier by about 12 lbs. So Unless you are on rough trails, or very soft material trails, the Fat tires on the mini may not be that much of an advantage. The nearly 2" thick schwalbe tires on the Magnum are pretty good at absorbing bumps too.

How you plan to be utilizing the ebike, where it needs to be parked or transported, may be more of an influence than the other differences between the two. The Magnum has higher quality components and if being able to get over 20 mph, and even up to 28 mph, is important to you, the Magnum may be a better value for you. If weight doesn't matter, and staying below 20 mph, or accelerating more slowly is ok, then Maybe the mini is a better value for you.
Also a local and servicing dealer for Magnum, of which there are several in Chicago metro area,could save you a lot of hassle when it comes to future repairs, reduce time trouble shooting, or handling possible defects, or even shipping damage.

The Magnum has a much higher torque motor than the mini and accelerates quite well. (in the display second menu that can be softened up a bit in terms of acceleration, or tweaked for battery range on the Magnum.) The ride is softened considerably by the front shocks,and a very nice and thick gel seat. The magnesium alloy wheels eliminate dealing with spoke issues. While labeled a class 3, where the mini is labeled a class 2, technically here in Illinois,the difference won't matter, as any trails that decide to implement any class, usually always choose class 1, which means no throttle allowed. Have yet to hear though from any of my customers reporting any issues with class ratings or being banned from any trails here In Chicago, or any of Illinois, where they all have mostly bought ebikes with throttles.

The rad is heavier by about 12 lbs. So Unless you are on rough trails, or very soft material trails, the Fat tires on the mini may not be that much of an advantage. The nearly 2" thick schwalbe tires on the Magnum are pretty good at absorbing bumps too.

How you plan to be utilizing the ebike, where it needs to be parked or transported, may be more of an influence than the other differences between the two. The Magnum has higher quality components and if being able to get over 20 mph, and even up to 28 mph, is important to you, the Magnum may be a better value for you. If weight doesn't matter, and staying below 20 mph, or accelerating more slowly is ok, then Maybe the mini is a better value for you.
Also a local and servicing dealer for Magnum, of which there are several in Chicago metro area,could save you a lot of hassle when it comes to future repairs, reduce time trouble shooting, or handling possible defects, or even shipping damage.

Wow, thank you! That was super helpful.

We just received two Rad Mini Step Thru's and we love them. Bikes are tops in quality for what you pay for them and Rad has top customer service. Sorry I do not know much about the Magnum bikes, but they are probably a good bike also. Biggest difference I see is the tires and the Rad's ability to go off road if you wish to.

Back