RadCity in the Wild in South Seattle

Kingsinger

Drove past somebody about an hour ago riding a RadCity south over the Jose Rizal bridge in Beacon Hill, Seattle. Wonder if they're on this forum. If so, would be curious how they are liking their bike.

IMG_0088.JPG
Hi there.

I'm not in Seattle proper. I'm in Edmonds. But I bought a Rad City and love it!!! Just waiting for some good weather. I do commute to Ballard and Seattle and bought the Rad City to commute on. I've added tons of mods from a new Extension seat post and Gel Seat to slip in peddles lol. Got the idea from the fixxie bike world, Schwalbe Big Apple tires and other mods like brighter lights and Lumos Helmet. But here is a old pic. I'm still getting ready for the new ride season coming this spring.

Chris

Love it. It's my second e bike. I wanted something with a bit more power then my last e-bike. I also have taken the train into the city with my bike then riding the last mile or so from King St station to work on pill hill!!! I'm lucky that my employer is very bike friendly and lets us park our bike in a little storage spot at work. away from prying eyes and it's locked up. But as you know it's been just nasty cold weather so far so I'm waiting to make the full 30 mile commute by bike until spring!!! Did u buy one?

Not yet. Maybe someday. But definitely curious about other people's experiences. Of the Rad offering the Rad City seems the most practical for my needs. I live in central Seattle, so it seems like it could be a great way to get around for trips under 8 miles and occasional longer trips.

Any chance you've taken it on hard packed trails that have some slight bumps (like roots)? trying to figure out what bike to get. I mostly am on road but do like to do some easy packed trails (think state parks and such).

I haven't ridden one, but I saw one up close in Seattle's Ballard neighborhood the other day. Asked the guy how he liked it and he said it was great.

I bet it would be okay on packed trails. It's got suspension forks, yes? But I'm pretty it also has street tires on it. So I guess that could be an issue, especially if it's muddy or steep.

Back