Radcity 2018 worth the $300 more?

yes, i would get the 2018 if it was me

the batteries are interchangeable which is huge if you ever get another rad power bike

was hoping rad power would do hydraulic brakes but they didnt

but if i was getting any rad power i would get the 2018

side note- i have an older rover and a mini and rad power customer service has been great

yes, i would get the 2018 if it was me

the batteries are interchangeable which is huge if you ever get another rad power bike

was hoping rad power would do hydraulic brakes but they didnt

but if i was getting any rad power i would get the 2018

side note- i have an older rover and a mini and rad power customer service has been great

Aren't the 2017 batteries interchangeable also?I may pick up a spare if they release a new version that is as powerful as the 2018. I hear that with the 2018 batteries you cannot use a third party battery if you ever wanted to, only compatible with their batteries...is this true? Other than a 12 magnet setup as opposed to 6 I dont see much of an upgrade..but i could be wrong. Thanks for the reply, just on a budget so I want to make sure its worth the extra money in the long run or if saving the $300 is the best option.

the mini battery is different it goes under the seat, this new redesign makes the mini battery the same
maybe on the city and rover they were...
but i would confirm that with rad power before buying

for resale if i was buying your bike a year or 2 from now the interchangeable battery would be a big deal to me

just looked at their website real quick, the battery is 2 or 2.6 ah bigger on the 2018, think the 17 is 11.4
this would be a big selling point for me, the more ah the better

cant help you on the answer of not using a third party battery, that would seem strange but i havent had any issues with my rad batteries and would seriously consider going back with their brand if i needed a new one- but maybe not if the ah were a lot higher on a good aftermarket...

sure they can answer that question for you

good luck, sure you will be happy with either

The 2018 is a better buy than the 2017 because the battery is larger. 14 ah vs the 11.6 ah is definitely worth it considering the price hasn't changed.

If you want almost hydraulic level braking performance, take a look at getting compressionless cables (I use the Jagwire Mountain Pro kit). I put those on my Radwagon and now I can stop the bike with just 2 fingers with half the effort. Its compatible with all mechanical systems and you can get them on Amazon for $30.

I also have a hybrid hydraulic system that uses a cable setup that operates on the master cylinder piston. The master/slave piston control the oil that presses on the pads. My current cable setup is good enough that my hybrid system is still sitting on the shelf.

The 2018 battery looks very similar to the Shark battery case sold at Luna

https://lunacycle.com/batteries/packs/48v/48v-panasonic-11-5ah-or-13-5ah-shark-pack/

Where are you seeing a $300 difference? I only see $200 - and I've also been eyeing the RadCity for a bike. $1299 vs $1499
If I could get one for $1200, that could sway me (I started my own thread of RadCity vs Haibike Urban Plus at $1700) or a 2018 for $1400 would also be nice.

2018s have a few upgrades:
14 vs 11.6 battery (35E cells also)
redesigned Aluminum vs Steel frame
brighter headlamp (I think)
more sensitive 12 magnet cadence sensor

If anyone near Santa Barbara, CA wants to order a rad bike together to get a $100 ea discount, let me know! That could sway me vs the Haibike (I'm a cheap bastard).

Back