Rad Rover battery issue

I believe that battery is for a 2015-2017 version Rover, per the Rad website for legacy parts. I don’t believe the new battery fits that battery mount.

52804675-EB92-4770-B9C8-A2B423CB675B.png

My '17 Rad battery is the same as the one they sell now. It's the '16 battery I believe, that's a tad less capacity and has a "different" bracket, not like the current one.

Hello SEB. I did order a replacement key from Bolton. It came and I used it to unlock the battery from the frame.
Thanks for the info.
Curt

Does it come with the right plug on it, or do you need to get creative?

ExPatBrit: Is this the right/correct charger for a 2017 Rad Rover? Also, where/how do you change the fuse on a Rad? Thanks. Curt
1594666097294.png

ExPatBrit: Is this the right/correct charger for a 2017 Rad Rover? Also, where/how do you change the fuse on a Rad? Thanks. Curt
View attachment 58826

The rad is 2.5 mm, this is 2.1 (center pin).

In practice a 2.5 mm and 2.1 mm barrel plug are often interchangeable (tolerances are never that tight on this kind of stuff)

You could always switch it to the bigger plug. Its only 2 amps .

What's in there now?

And not trusting the battery, or the new charger, I'm thinking I would likely be nearby to monitor how things are going.

I do this with any new battery device. No first time charging unless I'm nearby to yank the cord and/or unleash the fire extinguisher.

Back